Sync software update !!!

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Stevep999

Post by Stevep999 »

so ford site shows update 23188 ! ! ! download works first time and the log file upload reflected on their site straight away. This must be a first for Fords !!
Full fat ST in Magnetic, DAP, Performance pack, panorama & tailgate :-) - ordered end of March delivered end of May LOVE IT

PUMA ST-X Plus First Edition Plus in Agate Black with comfort pack :-) retired June 2022

pgc53

Post by pgc53 »

Hi, just done sync update to 3.4.23188 and uploaded log file it generated to ford as requested only to be told there is an issue with uploaded log file.
This same thing happened on last update to 3.4.22200.
Has anyone else had this problem.
Many thanks.
Ford Puma 2022 ST Line vignale 155 Agate Black
Pawprint66

Post by Pawprint66 »

No issues here. Just updated Sync on both my van and car.
Both log files uploaded successfully.
Going to let the Puma update the maps itself over wifi.
Regards to my van, I've just downloaded the maps onto a usb so I can do it whilst on the road.
2020 Puma ST - Line X First Edition - 125 mHEV - Race Red - (Released back into the wild)
2023 Puma ST - Frozen White - Driver Assistance Pack & Powered Tailgate - Machined Magnetite Wheels
ReadOnly

Post by ReadOnly »

Stevep999 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 12:38 pm so ford site shows update 23188 ! ! ! download works first time and the log file upload reflected on their site straight away. This must be a first for Fords !!

Thanks for the update prompt. All updated and Map downloading ...
KevC

Post by KevC »

pgc53 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 2:52 pm Hi, just done sync update to 3.4.23188 and uploaded log file it generated to ford as requested only to be told there is an issue with uploaded log file.
This same thing happened on last update to 3.4.22200.
Has anyone else had this problem.
Many thanks.
I had the same with the previous version (having just bought mine I wanted to update) but the log file didn't upload correctly and it wouldn't let me try again. I decided to check if the log file had gone through this morning and then saw there was a new version of sync so I'll try it again. My maps are a year out of date as the car was nearly new and I'd like to try and get them sorted out. I can't park close enough to my flat to get the wifi so if this doesn't work I'll try a phone hotspot and do it through that.
ST-Line X 125 Auto in Magnetic Grey with rev cam, front sensors and heated seats. (Had an original Puma in '99 too)
F-Type V8 coupe!
robgee

Post by robgee »

Mine is showing the update as well so will download and update tomorrow and see if it offers me the maps update after i have updated the log.
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

I downloaded it this morning, but haven't done it yet. Probably tomorrow.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
ReadOnly

Post by ReadOnly »

ReadOnly wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:17 pm
Stevep999 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 12:38 pm so ford site shows update 23188 ! ! ! download works first time and the log file upload reflected on their site straight away. This must be a first for Fords !!
Thanks for the update prompt. All updated and Map downloading ...

Maps (F12) updated successfully. It took 1 hour 15 minutes (USB-C). Checked the website, saying everything up to date. I didn't get an opportunity to upload the log file. I assume it was done via mobile or WiFi.

Note, I am now getting "Check rear seats for occupants" with beeps every time I turn off the engine. Easily ignored, but does anybody know how to turn that off.
KevC

Post by KevC »

ReadOnly wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:02 pm Note, I am now getting "Check rear seats for occupants" with beeps every time I turn off the engine. Easily ignored, but does anybody know how to turn that off.
There is an option for that in Settings > vehicle
You can turn off the rear seat monitoring.
ST-Line X 125 Auto in Magnetic Grey with rev cam, front sensors and heated seats. (Had an original Puma in '99 too)
F-Type V8 coupe!
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

Sync 3.4 ver 23188 downloaded and installed okay.
Now downloading Maps F12.
For those of you who haven't carried out a Sync update before when using a USB flash drive.
Make absolutely sure that the USB drive is formatted as "exFat"
Do not remove the Flash Drive untill Sync instructs you to do so.
The installation takes place in two stages. With engine switched off/on as instructed.
The 2nd stage completes the installation and writes the .XML Log file to your flash drive.
(If you remove it to soon you will not receive the log file)