LKA and Navigation Display, Observations/Questions

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Ron240

Post by Ron240 »

robgee wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:28 pm As promised i checked my 2023 Puma and yes you can turn it on and off from the indicator stalk (but it resets after journey)

As also checked under Driver Assistance on the SYNC system
IMG_0702.JPG

But couldn't find anywhere to permanently turn it off.
Thanks for checking. :)
Yes this confirms that Ford have changed the system on latest cars and the LKA is not designed to be permanently disabled.
It is a minor irritation but at least they have made it easy enough to disable on a time by time basis.
I had firstly looked at the settings under Driver Assistance when trying to disable LKA, but all they do is change the influence and not turn it off completely.
2023 Puma ST (1.5 200PS), Desert Island Blue with Driver Assistance Pack.

Ron240

Post by Ron240 »

I finally figured out how to set my Sync 3 Navigation display to what I am happy with.
It needs to be set to Auto to change the scale and zoom in and out according to speed, but I noticed this Auto button on the map when I wasnt really looking for it and havent been able to find it again in the settings. :?
Also the orientation needs to be set to N so that the arrow moves in the traditional upwards way and not also sideways and downwards which definitely does not look right to me.
Apart from that I click twice on the end of the indicator stalk to turn off LKA every time I start the engine and I'm sorted. :D
2023 Puma ST (1.5 200PS), Desert Island Blue with Driver Assistance Pack.