And it’s goodnight from him….

All Ford Puma related discussions
alanp

Post by alanp »

AMS1969 wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 2:16 pm Good luck, I’ll be interested if come back after a couple of months with a comparison of the Yaris Cross V your old Puma, I’m sure there are a few looking at the Yaris Cross as the next car
Yes will do, I’ve seen quite a few now so they are selling well, for me it was the only car that rivalled the puma in looks, but that’s subjective of course,..
St line x 1st edition, it has nearly everything

alanp

Post by alanp »

If this isn’t appropriate on this forum please delete, please don’t send angry villagers with flaming torches and pitchforks 😀,
I finally picked up my Yaris cross on the 15th of July not the 1st, but hey ho, I’ve only had it a couple of weeks, and I really really like it, well we both do, the mrs finally admits that she finds an auto much better than a manual 🤨, so how does it compare to the puma, well, what concerned me most was that reviews I’d seen mentioned the noise under acceleration with the cvt gearbox, yes you do notice it but,tbh I don’t think it’s any noisier than the puma was under acceleration, road noise is perhaps a bit more, but, guess what, the tyres were way over pressure,and once adjusted it’s a lot better, it’s weird having to pull a lever on the floor to release the fuel filler and, to actually have to remove a cap, no easy fuel system !!, the megabox is a brilliant idea, more cars should come with one, however, the model I chose has a split loading floor, so you can still store stuff out of sight, so not too bad, driving the cross is good, setting off in pure electric mode is a bit strange at first but you soon get used to it, the engine kicks in and you do notice, but it’s not too obtrusive, I’m finding that I’m slowly changing my driving style to try and keep in electric mode as much as possible, it handles surprisingly well, it’s never going to out corner a puma but it does for me, it’s surprisingly chuckable, mine is the excel with city pack, this gives a slightly smaller screen, but gives a few more extras, Birds Eye camera that works with the front and rear sensors, wavy guide lines on the reverse camera, and a few more things that escape me for the moment, what I do like is the fact that everything works, the kick activated tailgate works flawlessly, so it doesn’t look like an audition for riverdance as was the case with the puma, ( might’ve been just mine, I’m sure some of yours work just as well) the traffic sign recognition works too, although it’s not linked to the limiter, but it’s easily adjusted, so , so far I’ve no regrets with my choice obviously time will tell, oh, I did get a dirty great screw in the tyre after just over a week’s ownership, but that’s just Sod’s Law, and it was repairable, so, if anyone is considering getting a Yaris cross, my advice would be to take it for a really long test drive to make sure it’s for you, although I doubt many will be changing their puma’s, and why not, they’re a great car, it was just time for me to move on…I’ll try and include some pics ,

IMG_1191.jpeg

IMG_1192.jpeg

IMG_1193.jpeg

IMG_1194.jpeg

St line x 1st edition, it has nearly everything
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

It's always good to have some real comparisons. Glad you think you made the right decision and a happy wife is everything, is it not? :lol:
My wife is considering the Yaris but not the cross as she prefers the smaller car and I can't get her to accept that the footprint is almost the same.. :roll:
My boot kick works after the last lot of updates were done by the dealer, but had problems before that.
I guess the Puma is still up there as the better drive and that'll do.....👍👍
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
AMS1969

Post by AMS1969 »

Thanks for the update, reading between the lines for day to day “normal” driving it sounds like the Yaris is well worth a look, I’m going to seriously consider it when my Puma is up for replacement next year, the part full electric is the thing that interests me for around town driving, which is sounds is the best way rather than go than a full electric, shame the Puma won’t go that way
Mike

Post by Mike »

Good to hear you are liking and getting on with your new car.
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )