The Mile High... Sorry, The High Mile Club!

The place to discuss everything else..
Pawprint66

Post by Pawprint66 »

I'm panicking a bit now! We've got 5300 on our ST and had it just shy of 14 weeks. It's only on 9000 mile a year! :lol:
2020 Puma ST - Line X First Edition - 125 mHEV - Race Red - (Released back into the wild)
2023 Puma ST - Frozen White - Driver Assistance Pack & Powered Tailgate - Machined Magnetite Wheels

matthen

Post by matthen »

Pawprint66 wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 3:27 pm I'm panicking a bit now! We've got 5300 on our ST and had it just shy of 14 weeks. It's only on 9000 mile a year! :lol:
I've also slaughtered my allowance. I work out how many extra I've done at the end of every month, and transfer that to a savings pot, so it's ready should I hand it back at the end of term.

For me it's £7.20/100 miles inc vat, so really not a concern compared to the other running costs of the car.

Given my current mileage and journey profile, I'm half tempted to chop it in for a diesel.
Puma ST (Performance Pack) in Mean Green
Pawprint66

Post by Pawprint66 »

matthen wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:18 am
Pawprint66 wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 3:27 pm I'm panicking a bit now! We've got 5300 on our ST and had it just shy of 14 weeks. It's only on 9000 mile a year! :lol:
I've also slaughtered my allowance. I work out how many extra I've done at the end of every month, and transfer that to a savings pot, so it's ready should I hand it back at the end of term.

For me it's £7.20/100 miles inc vat, so really not a concern compared to the other running costs of the car.

Given my current mileage and journey profile, I'm half tempted to chop it in for a diesel.
To be fair, my dealer has always been great when taking my car back and tells me not to bother about it being over it’s allowed mileage. I’m sure that they adjust the numbers accordingly on trade in but I have never seen or been handed a bill for excess mileage from them.
2020 Puma ST - Line X First Edition - 125 mHEV - Race Red - (Released back into the wild)
2023 Puma ST - Frozen White - Driver Assistance Pack & Powered Tailgate - Machined Magnetite Wheels
matthen

Post by matthen »

Pawprint66 wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:17 pm

To be fair, my dealer has always been great when taking my car back and tells me not to bother about it being over it’s allowed mileage. I’m sure that they adjust the numbers accordingly on trade in but I have never seen or been handed a bill for excess mileage from them.
Presumably you're buying another one from them? The mileage bills generally appear when there's no equity in the car, and you're not buying another one.
Puma ST (Performance Pack) in Mean Green
Pawprint66

Post by Pawprint66 »

matthen wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:00 am
Pawprint66 wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:17 pm

Presumably you're buying another one from them? The mileage bills generally appear when there's no equity in the car, and you're not buying another one.
That's it exactly.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Just to confirm that point. My dealer only asked the mileage 4 months ago to estimate the trade in value....They said that Ford Finance didn't care if another deal was being done and as said, they are only interested if you are handing it back.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.