Ford’s future in Europe

The place to discuss everything else..
excooperS

Post by excooperS »

Just wondered if I’m a bit sad about Fiesta and Focus production ending and whether Ford is committed to a future in Europe. Statements like “unashamedly American” fill me with some dread. I get the fact that the era of pile ‘em high, sell ‘em cheap has long gone but being so far behind the game in electrification really suggests the blue oval has given up on Europe. Did Ford hope that it would find a buyer for its European operations like GM did? Basing your first all electric car for the masses on a VW platform does not sit well with me. I hope I am proved wrong because in my opinion Ford has continued to provide very good driver’s cars, better than virtually all other manufacturers, at competitive prices for a long time now.

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

I don't think they are leaving any time soon. They are just gearing up for an all electric range.
https://www.ford.co.uk/experience-ford/ ... c-vehicles. The Puma factory in Romania has had the ownership transferred to Ford Otosan in Turkey in readiness.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

The Turks seem to build decent Transits now. Plus I think Toyota build some there as well.

Strange how they never built a decent Turkish motor as they all seemed to be based on the Fiat platform.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Turkey mirrors the UK in that regard.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.