Hi, Hopefully a new Puma owner

New to the Ford Puma Forums? Introduce yourself here
PenelopeComfortstop

Post by PenelopeComfortstop »

Well MikeyD, the salesboy yesterday said the 'shark fin' was a GPS thing? But online, perhaps on this very forum, I've seen some reference to the aerial being located in the rear window somehow? From recent experience, I would trust this forum over salesboy...
Ford Puma 2023 Titanium 125, blazer blue, bum warmer and spare wheel ๐Ÿ˜

PenelopeComfortstop

BTW very impressed that you could fit your own dashcam like that... but you're an engineer so your brain works in wondrous ways! ๐Ÿ˜

(Reminds me of the Eng Soc t-shirts back at Uni: 'Three years ago, I couldn't even spell enguneer - and now I are one!')
MikeyD

Post by MikeyD »

RE: dashcam. Don't be impressed, it was very easy compared to some. Apart from attaching the 0V / ground wire there was no screws involved. And I could have found the 0V at the fag lighter socket or in many other places. All the bits of trim just pop off.

The shark fin could indeed be the GPS, but mine being a lowly ST-Line has an actual aerial sticking up from it. I assume yours does too and it's the "better" models that have it built into the rear window.
2023 Puma ST line 155
PenelopeComfortstop

It didn't have an aerial when I last saw it... will ask again today - we're going down to see/possibly pay for it, and I am eating my own teeth... ๐Ÿ˜ฐ