Tyre pressure on dashboard

Post pictures of your Ford Puma here
Vikster71

Post by Vikster71 »

Hi just wondering if anyone can help I recently had a warning on my dashboard regarding my tyre pressure so I pumped them up, the app changed to say my new pressure and I reset on the car to stop the noise but on my puma dashboard the tyre pressure still says the psi before I pumped up this was over 3 weeks ago that I had pumped up my tyres โ€ฆ sorry but Iโ€™m not really car savvy only been driving 4 years thank you if you can help me ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Try resetting it again and double check the pressures (the app could be wrong). Going forward, there is no need to reset it every time when inflating tyres and don't wait for it to indicate that you need to do so.
To be honest, you should only rely on the warnings for sudden deflation problems..
Let us know if any of this helped...๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. ๐Ÿšท๐Ÿšณ
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

It is very possible that the TPM's (tyre pressures monitor) inside each tyre has an expired battery in one or more or each wheel. The batteries only last around four years.
A Ford dealership can check to determine if the TPM(s) are still sending a signal. If you have an expired TPM then unfortunately it/they will need to be replaced (the tiny battery isn't replaceable. TPM's are not that expensive but your tyre (s) will need to be removed to gain access internally to the valve assembly.
That said worth remembering TPM's only work when the wheel(s) rotate. So re inflation of a tyre will only show accurate pressures on the screen once driven a short distance.
Vikster71

Post by Vikster71 »

My puma is a 22 plate and only 6 months old
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

Vikster71 wrote: โ†‘Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:40 pm My puma is a 22 plate and only 6 months old
Perhaps not that then.. but even so. You might have a duff TPM. Drive after resetting the pressures then and only then check the on screen readings.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Regarding the TPM, if i have one go down on my van( ford) it comes up as though i have lost pressure in that tyre, guessing the puma would be the same.
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )