Oil Dipstick and level (& Top up Oil)

All Ford Puma related discussions
FP2022F1T

Post by FP2022F1T »

OK I'm guessing this is a silly question but I'm asking it anyway :shock:

First of all I'm loving the new design of dipstick on the Puma with the 5 little holes that easily show the oil level excellent

My ST is sitting on the middle which is hole three (2800 miles in 3 month :-)) , I've alway liked my cars to be a slot higher so in this case hole 4
May just slowly over the next few days top it up to the 4th hole 🕳 or not worth it with these cars

According to the handbook should be this stuff
(which you cannot find anywhere in shops garages only Mobil 1 5w-20 which conforms but isn't magnatec)

https://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-79184-cast ... e-oil.aspx

What is the average level you guys have and fill to
Last edited by FP2022F1T on Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ST Performance Grey Matter (Performance Pack / Drivers Assistance Pack / Dark Wheels & Power Tailgate)

Stevep999

Post by Stevep999 »

Tesco's nr me were selling it :-)
Full fat ST in Magnetic, DAP, Performance pack, panorama & tailgate :-) - ordered end of March delivered end of May LOVE IT

PUMA ST-X Plus First Edition Plus in Agate Black with comfort pack :-) retired June 2022
FP2022F1T

Post by FP2022F1T »

Stevep999 wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:51 am Tesco's nr me were selling it :-)

Thanks but not around here, I popped down local dealers picked up a bottle with the Ford labelling on it

They said a new engine oil level can settle around 3000 miles, and though 3 holes is fine could top up to 4 but probably wait to see if it stays settled at the middle 3rd hole which is what I'll probably do for awhile

Always check it in the mornings once a week a habit.
ST Performance Grey Matter (Performance Pack / Drivers Assistance Pack / Dark Wheels & Power Tailgate)
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

Hardly touched mine and due for its 2nd service next month at 10k...I did a small top up during it's first year, but since then next to no change in oil levels.