Live Traffic Subscription

All Ford Puma related discussions
MagneticGrey

Post by MagneticGrey »

Now I'm also confused :) ! I recently took out a subscription for Live Traffic but I didn't know that it needs my phone in order to work :oops: . Do I just need to connect the phone to the car, or do I need to do anything involving apps or settings? The Live Traffic icon on Sync 3 is showing ok. Any advice would be very welcome. :)

I don't know whether this is connected or not, but I haven't seen any roadworks advice displayed on the car for a while.
Puma ST-Line X 155 Magnetic (previous)
Nissan Qashqai Tekna E-Power (present)

paulcurtis

Post by paulcurtis »

If you subscribe to Live Traffic, you don't need a phone connected.
2020 Puma ST-Line X Vignale 1.0L Ecoboost 125PS 7 Speed Auto - Black
MagneticGrey

Post by MagneticGrey »

paulcurtis wrote: ↑Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:17 pm If you subscribe to Live Traffic, you don't need a phone connected.
Thanks. Do you happen to know whether the roadwork notifications are part of Live Traffic? Not having seen any of these for a while, I'm wondering if everything is working ok.
Puma ST-Line X 155 Magnetic (previous)
Nissan Qashqai Tekna E-Power (present)
paulcurtis

Post by paulcurtis »

Yes, I think so, but more often than not, I've seen the reverse - it says there are roadworks when there are not.
cianpars

Post by cianpars »

I've found google maps on android auto to be far better than anything Ford has to offer and I'm already paying a monthly subscription to use my phone which is a quite sufficient monthly outlay.

I've not tried waze yet and would be interested to know if it offers me anything useful that google maps doesn't.
paulcurtis

Post by paulcurtis »

cianpars wrote: ↑Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:40 pm I've found google maps on android auto to be far better than anything Ford has to offer
Can you explain why you find it better please, advantages and disadvantages?
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

cianpars wrote: ↑Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:40 pm I've found google maps on android auto to be far better than anything Ford has to offer and I'm already paying a monthly subscription to use my phone which is a quite sufficient monthly outlay.

I've not tried waze yet and would be interested to know if it offers me anything useful that google maps doesn't.
Waze gives you real time information on things like the presence of police, temporary road works that have just sprung up, cars and other obstructions on the road, Potholes, Even cars stopped on the hard shoulder, that may cause a problem.
All the current info is input by users, so it has info Google maps doesn't always give.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

paulcurtis wrote: ↑Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:44 pm
cianpars wrote: ↑Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:40 pm I've found google maps on android auto to be far better than anything Ford has to offer
Can you explain why you find it better please, advantages and disadvantages?
Comparing it to the Ford system there are no disadvantages. Advantages are, it's free, always up to date and it recognises what you are saying to it when asking for a destination or any other information you may require.
Ford and many other manufacturers are ceasing their in house development of navigation systems and will be switching to 'Android Automotive', which is a version of AA to be built into the cars system.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

paulcurtis wrote: ↑Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:11 pm Samsung Galaxy S10. I reinstalled AA, no difference.
Have you looked at AA in the settings? Look in 'Customise Launcher' and make sure the Apps are checked to appear.
paulcurtis

Post by paulcurtis »

Yes, it was one of the first things I looked at, and the missing apps aren't even listed.