Gear vibration

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Mballi

Post by Mballi »

Had car since March, 2000miles, always had a vibration when accelerating through gearstick, vibrates more the quicker you accelerate.
More pronounced in lower gears...
Anyone else have this issue, I thought I saw a similar problem on here?

Other than this car good, headlight alignment drivers side slightly proud, occasional vibration passenger side, oh and very noisy fan which sometimes makes strange noise, which needs looking at!

Cheers
Matt
Last edited by Mballi on Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Morning.

Think a couple of these have been sorted.

Gearstick vibration with a linkage adjustment.

Fan housing was found to have a foreign object inside (paper or plastic) could be wrong.

Not seen a fix for headlamp alignment, though spearmint, I think, highlighted this issue.

My dash rattles, still. Top left panel covering passenger airbag. Goes once car is warm, or if you weigh it down with a brick....😁

I need to book in for some adjustments, just haven't made the time.....
robgee

Post by robgee »

I had issues which needed fixing as it seems that a cable was disconnected

https://youtu.be/y3Q63zJpA88
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)
Paul R

Post by Paul R »

I find the clutch seems to judder a bit when I pull away unless I pick the revs up a bit don't seem to notice this on my other car which is a 1.0 Feista 100 bhp
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Paul R wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:44 am I find the clutch seems to judder a bit when I pull away unless I pick the revs up a bit don't seem to notice this on my other car which is a 1.0 Feista 100 bhp
Think this is to do with mhev system. Clutch is working hard and doesn't like to be slipped. Try and get used to setting off at higher revs. Mine is the same.
Paul R

Post by Paul R »

Thanks for letting me know it's nice to drive but thought there might be something wrong.
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Paul R wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:50 pm Thanks for letting me know it's nice to drive but thought there might be something wrong.
I also find that setting off in sport mode is smoothest. I think the mhev system. Is trying to boost you from stopped, rather than progressively up the rev range. I'm assuming your car is hybrid?

I've also been using Tesco 99ron or super. Don't wanna start the 'best fuel' debate but the car feels better for it.
Paul R

Post by Paul R »

Yep 155 Bhp only filled up once by dealer will put v power in when I fill up and try sports mode.Thanks