emergency call system malfunction

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Stevep999

Post by Stevep999 »

TCU replaced this morning in under 2 hours by Lookers South Woodham Ferrers, AMAZING service.

Just to confirm, the Live Traffic has ceased nowif I'm correct, what about the Local Hazards function, both are not highlighted.
Full fat ST in Magnetic, DAP, Performance pack, panorama & tailgate :-) - ordered end of March delivered end of May LOVE IT

PUMA ST-X Plus First Edition Plus in Agate Black with comfort pack :-) retired June 2022

Deleted User 905

Post by Deleted User 905 »

Stevep999 wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:22 am Just to confirm, the Live Traffic has ceased nowif I'm correct, what about the Local Hazards function, both are not highlighted.

My understanding is that Live Traffic via AppLink (using your phone) has ceased. Live Traffic Connect (using the onboard modem) subscription continues. In fact I have just renewed my subscription and it is fully functioning in my car at £3.49 a month. According to the FAQs the Live Traffic via AppLink was a cut down version only covering major roads. The Connect version is for all roads.

IMG_0105.PNG

IMG_0106.PNG

IMG_0107.JPEG

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Bad that they charge for something that is entirely free elsewhere.... :roll:
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Vendee

Post by Vendee »

How long does the freebie subscription last?
Puma ST Line Vignale 125, DAP Magnetic
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Had mine for 2 years, but, I thought it originally said 12 months... :?
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

It's been 12 months for a while.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Rizmo wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:20 pm It's been 12 months for a while.
Thought so, not sure why, but it's only recently stopped and I've had the car just over 2 years.
I've never actually used it, which is why I didn't take up the subscription plan.
AMS1969

Post by AMS1969 »

TCU booked in to be replaced today, has been booked for a couple of weeks, just had a call to say that Ford didn’t send the part… fair enough if they are using them for people waiting ages for new cars but very frustrating, anyone else finding the recall hard to get done? I’m assuming it won’t be anytime soon now
chris47

Post by chris47 »

With regard to 'live traffic' just use Waze or Google Maps, both are infinity better than any built in manufacturer system anyway.
Stevep999

Post by Stevep999 »

so Fordpass today have characterised my fault as a Fordpass activation issue and hence I wouldn't be eligible for any compensation as previously discussed. They are saying its a 4K ? ? issue. i appreciate that they are just reciting what they've been told to say and she had no answer to why my modem was working and suddenly stopped as many others have also.
Full fat ST in Magnetic, DAP, Performance pack, panorama & tailgate :-) - ordered end of March delivered end of May LOVE IT

PUMA ST-X Plus First Edition Plus in Agate Black with comfort pack :-) retired June 2022