Engine cover

All Ford Puma related discussions
SteveandKate

Post by SteveandKate »

I did another complain via Ford head office and they then contacted the garage I use as the cover was wonky and they’d only used on bolt because that’s all they ordered! It’s now sorted after a bit of confusion on behalf of the garage because they’d never obviously had to retro fit one before! So I can 100% now say that it can be done and looks like all pre 2022 engine bays! This is the email I used to express my feelings and I wasn’t happy as when I test drove and looked under the test cars bonnet it had a cover!
I got a £150 to use at the garage to get it sorted which I asked Ford to sort that with the garage! It’s literally took about 8-10 frustrating weeks but I’m like a dog with a bone on this stuff lol, good luck!!
ukcrc1@ford.com

Spoonface

Post by Spoonface »

Was just doing 'grown up' stuff (oil checks etc.) and noticed this on ours. Wife's Design edition got one, mine hasn't (22 plate). Probably going to sell the Design one back to dealership as inheriting another car. Would it be easy to remove the mounting posts from the Design and fit them to mine?
Hers: ST-Line Design Frozen White | His: ST-Line Grey Matter
Robby71

Post by Robby71 »

Spoonface wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:43 am Was just doing 'grown up' stuff (oil checks etc.) and noticed this on ours. Wife's Design edition got one, mine hasn't (22 plate). Probably going to sell the Design one back to dealership as inheriting another car. Would it be easy to remove the mounting posts from the Design and fit them to mine?
Mounting post just unscrew - the threads will be in place on your car to screw them into
2022 Puma ST, Performance Pack, Driver assist pack - Mean Green
Fenrir2

Post by Fenrir2 »

robby71 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:40 pm Mounting post just unscrew - the threads will be in place on your car to screw them into
Hello,

do you have by any chance part number for those? From diagram it looks like everyone of them is a bit different?

Thanks
Robby71

Post by Robby71 »

Fenrir2 wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:50 am
robby71 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:40 pm Mounting post just unscrew - the threads will be in place on your car to screw them into
Hello,

do you have by any chance part number for those? From diagram it looks like everyone of them is a bit different?

Thanks
Sorry no

On a couple of previous Fiesta ecoboosts i retrofitted a cover as ford didn't fit them as standard - 2 posts were all that was needed (the mk4 Focus cover fitted).
2022 Puma ST, Performance Pack, Driver assist pack - Mean Green
Spoonface

Post by Spoonface »

Cheers, I'll have a look at the weekend
Hers: ST-Line Design Frozen White | His: ST-Line Grey Matter
Fenrir2

Post by Fenrir2 »

robby71 wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:31 pm
Fenrir2 wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:50 am
Hello,

Thanks
Sorry no

On a couple of previous Fiesta ecoboosts i retrofitted a cover as ford didn't fit them as standard - 2 posts were all that was needed (the mk4 Focus cover fitted).

i found those online, can you please share which one you used?

https://www.part-box.com/product/ford-f ... g-1683973/

https://www.part-box.com/product/ford-f ... g-1780192/

thanks
Radders

Post by Radders »

SteveandKate wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 2:51 pm After 6 weeks complaining and to and forth to Ford UK customer service, they gave me a £150 voucher at my local Ford dealership to get it done, had it done today and they’ve left a clip off and it’s a bit wonky but I’ll sort that! So if job 2022 guys want an engine cover!! Follow what I did 👍🏻
Hi, Just picked up my Puma and noticed no cover, looked on here and clearly ford have removed them, did it make any difference to cabin noise? If it did I’ll look at getting one.

Thanks
SteveandKate

Post by SteveandKate »

Hard to say tbh, the engine bay definitely looks better, if I was doing it again it d visit a scrappers and get one and the bolts from an ecoboost! The Ford route was an absolute pain in the arse! Good luck
SteveandKate

Post by SteveandKate »

I did eventually get one fitted FOC by going through Ford as per my post! Given the time again the d just get a good one off eBay and fit it myself, it was a ball ache tbh