Hill start assist

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
redlion8

Post by redlion8 »

Hi all, picked up a fully specced st line x on Wednesday. However there is no hill start assist option in the menus. I've seen where it should be on another car but it's not present on mine. However the hill start assist is active and holds the car for a few seconds. Was wondering if anyone had experience with this and why it may not be showing in the settings.

Cheers!

Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Hiya

There isn't a setting for this. It's permanently in operation. Really depends on how far you depress the brake pedal when stopped.

I always tend to use the handbrake then I can be on the gas and clutch ready to go.

These systems tend to be much better now with electronic park brakes.
redlion8

Post by redlion8 »

Ah okay, I've looked on a friend's model and its a configurable option however they don't have a hybrid so maybe it's due to that
alanp

Post by alanp »

On my previous mk8 fiesta you could enable/disable hill hold, but as mentioned, it wasn’t a hybrid
St line x 1st edition, it has nearly everything
Deleted User 229

Post by Deleted User 229 »

Looking in the Owners Manual, to switch hill start assist off and on ..., excluding MHEV. Which implies switching off is not available on MHEV models.
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

They'll be a technical explanation as to why it's not selectable on mhev models. Perhaps to much load is placed on the starter generator belts or pulleys if the car is rolling back when you set off. Just guessing but perhaps it's always on for protection.