Projected Puma

All Ford Puma related discussions
Deleted User 905

Post by Deleted User 905 »

Vendee wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 7:56 pm This isn't the biggest forum in the world. There isn't a huge number of registered users frequently posting. I really don't think there is any harm in the same questions coming up repeatedly...... this happens in many of the forums I use and it isn't a problem. Getting all heavy handed will just drive users away. I spent 30 years in the military and I don't need that level of control freakery in my social life in my senior years. I'll just walk away if if gets too bad.

I have to agree. I’m a firm believer in free speech and against locking threads and suppressing people asking questions in the manner they feel comfortable with. It doesn’t matter how many times people start new threads. Time moves on and what was relevant last year is not always the same this year. Keep life interesting. Welcome to the forum and by the way you have stupidly posted in the wrong thread. :oops:

NeilS

Post by NeilS »

Then I guess the members will do their own moderating in that case 👍🏻
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

NeilS is correct but typing in the search bar often comes up blank even if you're looking for one of your own previous threads. Whatever, it's nothing to either fall out over or get hot under the collar. In many years of being a forum member of all different vehicles and other subjects too I find the the Puma forum to be the best of all.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Deleted User 905

Post by Deleted User 905 »

Moderating is required when somebody is being offensive or baiting others and certainly not interfering with the natural flow of legitimate questions and banter. Less is more, keep up the good work NeilS. :D
Vendee

Post by Vendee »

NeilS wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 8:30 pm Then I guess the members will do their own moderating in that case 👍🏻
The best forums do moderate themselves. I use a few Trip Advisor forums where the same questions come up week after week. The regulars just inwardly sigh but answer the question. The poster is usually just passing through and won't visit that forum after their holiday ends. I've been a member of a particular photography forum for 13 years and although there are moderators, I don't recall them ever having to do anything. I know moderating is a thankless task but I would say that unless there is online abuse or particularly bad language (there may be minors reading it) then let things flow.
Puma ST Line Vignale 125, DAP Magnetic
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

In 2021 on this forum a couple of members were not so nice to each other and members were dragged into what was really school yard stuff. A moderator sorted them and they both left then calm resumed. Differences of opinion are good for a discussion.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Deleted User 878

Post by Deleted User 878 »

Can I just ask...who actually owns the forum?
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

There is no 'control freakery' going on, just good housekeeping of the forum. Neil has been doing a good job of trying to keep some sort of order in the subjects. The forum search function isn't great, but, posting the same subject in 3 or more consecutive threads doesn't make sense and answers to the original question are lost.
The forum has been a delightful oasis of calm amongst the usual carnage of motoring forums... Membership isn't compulsory....Onward and upward. :D
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Maybe we should all remember this forum is about the Puma, not us
FF33

Post by FF33 »

Clarck_ wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 12:23 pm
FF33 wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:23 pm
kevmond wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:54 pm Hi,
Part/Finis No's for Puma logo projectors:

RH lamp: M1TB-13B398-AA / 2534786
LH Lamp: M1TB-13B399-AA / 2534791
In case anyone else is tempted to try these, it’s worth checking the existing lamp type in your car. Bought a set of these but they don’t fit my Nov20 ST-Line X

This is the supplied item
9E85116A-3F12-4562-A761-15B4B0EEC6EA.jpeg

This is the type in my wing mirror
72E5C139-9603-44B8-89E9-17FA062AAFEF.jpeg

Not sure if they’ve changed the design of the wing mirrors, or if the whole Vignale mirrors are different to the others, but worth a quick check prior to ordering. Fortunately the supplier took them back so not out of pocket.
Maybe it can be adapted? I seem Vignale lamp is smaller than the Stline Ones. In this case an adaptor with 3d impresion can be made and there is the solution for everybody. Connectors reamain the same right?
I’m pretty certain that the connectors were different so even if you did make an adapter, it wouldn’t be a straight swap out.