Can’t unlock from passenger side

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
alanp

Post by alanp »

Hi, just found that I can’t unlock the car from the passenger side, I used to be able to but I noticed on Monday that it wouldn’t do it, also my radio turns itself off much quicker than before, ( going into battery saving mode) do you think it’s related? drivers side works ok..
St line x 1st edition, it has nearly everything

Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Have you checked the door lock setting for 'all Doors unlock' not just drivers door when you operate the key fob.

Assuming yours isn't keyless entry Alan?
Deleted User 229

Post by Deleted User 229 »

Reprogramming the Unlocking Function
You can program the unlocking function so that only the driver door unlocks.
Press and hold the unlock and lock buttons on the remote control simultaneously for at least four seconds with the ignition off. The direction indicators flash twice to confirm the change.
To return to the original unlocking function, repeat the process.
You can also change between the unlocking modes in the information display.
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

FirstFord1972 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:31 am Reprogramming the Unlocking Function
You can program the unlocking function so that only the driver door unlocks.
Press and hold the unlock and lock buttons on the remote control simultaneously for at least four seconds with the ignition off.
That's a great find. Presumably for all Ford models?
2bar

Post by 2bar »

Mine is doing the same one minute I can open the passenger door next only the drivers door
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

2bar wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:33 pm Mine is doing the same one minute I can open the passenger door next only the drivers door
Are you clicking once or twice to unlock? I always thought one click unlocks drivers door only, if set that way. Double click unlocks all doors. (On key fob).

Otherway it's once to lock, twice to deadlock.
2bar

Post by 2bar »

Wdf76 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:07 pm
2bar wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:33 pm Mine is doing the same one minute I can open the passenger door next only the drivers door
Are you clicking once or twice to unlock? I always thought one click unlocks drivers door only, if set that way. Double click unlocks all doors. (On key fob).

Otherway it's once to lock, twice to deadlock.
If I lock the drivers door by touching the handle it locks,go to the passenger door insert hand in handle and nothing but it only happens every now and then.i think there is a problem with the car cause on the app its saying the car is sleep but I use it every day
alanp

Post by alanp »

Well I scrolled through the lock settings but didn’t change anything and it locked ok from the passenger side, not sure why it worked when I didn’t alter anything so maybe it was just a glitch, I’ll keep my eye on it
alanp

Post by alanp »

So on the ford pass app ( on my wife’s phone) it keeps coming up low battery and going into power saving mode, I have recently had a dash cam hard wired with a cut off that is set for 12v, I only do 18 mile round trip to and from work so it may not be charging enough, it was sat in the compound for a few weeks prior to collecting, I hope the battery isn’t done for..I do have a smart battery charger so I might hook it up to that
2bar

Post by 2bar »

My puma as gone back to allen ford on Thursday for a investigation for this problem.On my ford app it was showing the my car has gone into deep sleep mode which I dont no why as I drive it daily.Ford have said to me the they wont be doing any warrantie work if faults come up on the app only if it comes up on the car so no point having the app in my opinion.ill let you no the outcome