Battery problem update

All Ford Puma related discussions
wgtwiddle

Post by wgtwiddle »

Sparks wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 4:10 pm
wgtwiddle wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:54 pm
Marcusfofo wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:31 pm me too (Italy) yesterday I've found the Puma "died". now I'm charging the battery but I think I have to swap it... the day before was working like a charm
Ciao @Marcusfofo... can I ask, what make is the battery?
The battery make is irrelevant to the problem. It's a software problem that Ford have or have not yet sorted, they have a tech bulletin out about it.
Ah... fair enough. Is there a way to access the bulletin?

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

wgtwiddle wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 4:15 pm
Sparks wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 4:10 pm
wgtwiddle wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:54 pm

Ciao @Marcusfofo... can I ask, what make is the battery?
The battery make is irrelevant to the problem. It's a software problem that Ford have or have not yet sorted, they have a tech bulletin out about it.
Ah... fair enough. Is there a way to access the bulletin?
Can't link to the actual bulletin, but, the summary is as follows (Google it if you need more it's on a few Ford Forums).

SSM 49795 - May 12, 2021 - Various 2018-2021 Ford And Lincoln Vehicles - Unable To Perform Remote CommandsVia The FordPass/LincolnWay App - Erroneous Deep Sleep Message

Some 2018-2021 Ford and Lincoln vehicles may not be able to perform remote commands via the FordPass/LincolnWay App due to an erroneous deep sleep message. If the vehicle has been driven within 14 days and the battery state of charge is above 9.5 volts when the deep sleep message set, this is an erroneous message. Starting and running the vehicle will clear the message and allow the remote commands to function again. Inform customers that engineering is currently working on a solution for this condition that will be released via an over the air (OTA) update that is expected in June 2021. Replacement or reprogramming of the telematics control unit (TCU)/gateway module (GWM) will not resolve this condition. Monitor OASIS for additional information and schedule service appointments for customers once the repair becomes available.

END SSM
It was originally thought it was the Rombat battery draining that caused it, but, it happens whatever the make of battery on some vehicles.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
MagneticGrey

Post by MagneticGrey »

Stoopo wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:46 am
Chocky wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:05 am
Stoopo wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:50 pm Interesting that the stop start has been mentioned because mine was looked at on Thursday and since I got it back the stop start hasn’t worked. I’ve even tried sport mode tonight and the 48v battery is definitely charging and going blue when needed but the stop start hasn’t engaged at all.

I’ve checked the at it’s switched on on the menu and it is. Maybe tomorrow I’ll check the back screens to see it it’s been disengaged.
Give it a few more drives and see if it starts working. What work was performed? Any modules flashed?
Yes they flashed every module update availability evidently. I guess the 48v just ran flat whilst in their care. It was driven back and used Friday. Last night I travelled across York in Sport to try and get some charge in it. Nothing seemed to trigger it.

When I got to the destination I toggled it off and back on the setting and lo and behold it started working on the way home.

I’ve never had it take that long to charge.
Did the stop/start work straight away when you next drove after toggling the setting, or did you have to drive a bit further?

My stop/start packed up a couple of days ago and hasn't come back to life yet. I've never had this problem before - is it fairly normal for this to happen from time to time? The regenerative charging and electric boost are both working ok. I'll give it a bit longer before assuming that there's a problem.
Puma ST-Line X 155 Magnetic (previous)
Nissan Qashqai Tekna E-Power (present)
Marcusfofo

Post by Marcusfofo »

mmmm the problem is due to the battery, there's a slot of fallen batteries for FORD PUMA. my wife use her puma every day, so it's a battery problem.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Marcusfofo wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:28 am mmmm the problem is due to the battery, there's a slot of fallen batteries for FORD PUMA. my wife use her puma every day, so it's a battery problem.
If it was purely a battery problem I doubt it would affect different manufacturers across different models, not just Puma.
Marcusfofo

Post by Marcusfofo »

Sparks wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:16 am
Marcusfofo wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:28 am mmmm the problem is due to the battery, there's a slot of fallen batteries for FORD PUMA. my wife use her puma every day, so it's a battery problem.
If it was purely a battery problem I doubt it would affect different manufacturers across different models, not just Puma.
it's a known problem about FORD PUMA batteries. In italy it's liek that unfortunately
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Marcusfofo wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:13 am
Sparks wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:16 am
it's a known problem about FORD PUMA batteries. In italy it's liek that unfortunately
If you google it you will find that it's a Ford problem, so, yes, the Puma is affected as is the Focus, Kuga, Fiesta, Mach-E and many American models. All with different batteries. No doubt in Italy other Fords have the same problems.
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

MagneticGrey wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:32 am
Stoopo wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:46 am
Chocky wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:05 am

Give it a few more drives and see if it starts working. What work was performed? Any modules flashed?
Yes they flashed every module update availability evidently. I guess the 48v just ran flat whilst in their care. It was driven back and used Friday. Last night I travelled across York in Sport to try and get some charge in it. Nothing seemed to trigger it.

When I got to the destination I toggled it off and back on the setting and lo and behold it started working on the way home.

I’ve never had it take that long to charge.
Did the stop/start work straight away when you next drove after toggling the setting, or did you have to drive a bit further?

My stop/start packed up a couple of days ago and hasn't come back to life yet. I've never had this problem before - is it fairly normal for this to happen from time to time? The regenerative charging and electric boost are both working ok. I'll give it a bit longer before assuming that there's a problem.
Yes it worked at the first junction.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
MagneticGrey

Post by MagneticGrey »

Stoopo
Glad to hear it's working ok now.
My stop/start has also started working again thankfully.
Puma ST-Line X 155 Magnetic (previous)
Nissan Qashqai Tekna E-Power (present)
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

MagneticGrey wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:41 am Stoopo
Glad to hear it's working ok now.
My stop/start has also started working again thankfully.
Excellent 👍
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.