Puma delayed again

All Ford Puma related discussions
NewCarBuyer

Post by NewCarBuyer »

Contacted by the dealer yesterday to say delivery date end of April and then this morning to say it changed on the system to say beginning of April. Apparently a few cars have now arrived this week compared to the original delivery date middle of March, so it looks like things are becoming unjammed.

Rogerio

Post by Rogerio »

HertfordPuma wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:28 pm So… we were all lined up to collect the car on Tuesday, 1st March reg. Have now been told there is an issue with Ford registering new cars / getting certificates. No idea what this means, nor if I’m being lied to. Anyone told anything similar!?
Not heard anything myself. I'm waiting for a call to say mines at the dealership which I was expecting would of happened by now as everyone who shared the same expected arrival has been told their cars are ready to pick up. When they phone I will see what I'm told and let you know.
Lili

Post by Lili »

Hi all, I just got a call from the dealer and I'm really confused. Sorry for whining again, but I would appreciate any advice from you. The situation is as follows:

I ordered the car 5 months ago and never got a build date. 1-2 weeks ago the factory told the dealer that the car will be built, but no build date was committed. Today the dealer was told by the factory that they cannot produce the configuration I ordered. They offered to manufacture almost the same car, the only difference being that it's with Sync 2.5 and without any parking sensors, but with a rear camera installed (?!?). The dealer said that they will install sensors when they have the car but the sensors won't be visualizing on the screen (?!?!). My husband assumes that they will install some dodgy after market sensors and that's why they won't be displaying on the screen. However, he is not an expert and we wonder what the dealership is (or isn't) doing.

Can anybody tell me what could be the reason why the sensors won't be visualizing? It's very strange.
Ford Puma Titanium 125 PS A7 FWD, Desert Island Blue, Comfort pack, Winter pack, Driver's assistance pack, digital display. Ordered 15th Sept 2021. No build date yet.
Danny1

Post by Danny1 »

My wife’s Puma ST has gone from ‘confirmed’ to ‘committed’ according to my dealer, I’m not really sure what that really means but it’s something 😂
Fiesta ST Performance Edition, Puma ST Frozen White, Performance pack, power tailgate and Pan roof dark wheels
pkaps

Post by pkaps »

NewCarBuyer wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:39 am For fun I priced up my spec on the Greek site and suprised how expensive! Interesting that the options are all listed as standard and you have the choice to remove options/despec and match the standard UK spec.
Yes, now its gone up by 1500 euro, since November when I ordered mine. The price I'm paying is 29000 eur, that is abt 24200 pounds, including metallic paint and all the extras I mentioned for the st line x auto 155 hp, I think its a fairly good price considering today's car market.
pkaps

Post by pkaps »

Lili wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 5:50 pm Hi all, I just got a call from the dealer and I'm really confused. Sorry for whining again, but I would appreciate any advice from you. The situation is as follows:

I ordered the car 5 months ago and never got a build date. 1-2 weeks ago the factory told the dealer that the car will be built, but no build date was committed. Today the dealer was told by the factory that they cannot produce the configuration I ordered. They offered to manufacture almost the same car, the only difference being that it's with Sync 2.5 and without any parking sensors, but with a rear camera installed (?!?). The dealer said that they will install sensors when they have the car but the sensors won't be visualizing on the screen (?!?!). My husband assumes that they will install some dodgy after market sensors and that's why they won't be displaying on the screen. However, he is not an expert and we wonder what the dealership is (or isn't) doing.

Can anybody tell me what could be the reason why the sensors won't be visualizing? It's very strange.
Yes, because they are cheap aftermarket that cannot be integrated into the car's systems, especially if its the 2.5 sync version. Its all because of semiconductor's shortage and manufacturers are cutting down on non essential extras, sad but thats how the new car market is working now especially with cars like Puma which are on high demand. Its up to you to decide if you can live without those factory extras, hopefully if you decide so you will also get a considerable discount by the dealer.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Personally, if it were me, I'd cancel the order. Either look for a very low mileage used Puma (quite a few about) or look around other manufacturers. I don't have the patience for all this being messed around though, so, maybe ignore my thoughts.... ;) :D
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Sparks is correct. Cancel your order and look at Honda. Shortest delivery time of any manufacturer. Some second hand cars are now plus 57% above the new price. Totally unreal and won't change throughout this year.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Spoonface

Post by Spoonface »

Lili wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 5:50 pm Can anybody tell me what could be the reason why the sensors won't be visualizing? It's very strange.
My wife got the Design edition which didn't come with sensors, but dealership would fit. I questioned this and dealership said it wouldn't show on the screen, but when we got the car it did show on screen.
Hers: ST-Line Design Frozen White | His: ST-Line Grey Matter
Lili

Post by Lili »

Hi guys, many thanks for your comments! Unfortunately the situation with new cars availability (all makes and models) and prices here in Bulgaria is complicated (and will worsen having in mind the war in Ukraine). Prices have skyrocketed since last autumn and everyone is waiting at least 6-8 months for a new car. So ditching the order I already have with Ford isn't an option for me, really.
What Spoonface has written gives me hope, I will go f2f and press the dealer on Monday. I just needed some advice on what might be the reason why the sensors won't show on the display before I build my arguments.
Have a nice weekend.
Ford Puma Titanium 125 PS A7 FWD, Desert Island Blue, Comfort pack, Winter pack, Driver's assistance pack, digital display. Ordered 15th Sept 2021. No build date yet.