Traffic Sign Recognition

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma

How well does your Puma detect speed signs?

Poll ended at Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:35 pm

90% > Can't fault it
No votes
75% Works well enough
42%
50% Expected better
42%
25% Is it the signs maybe?
17%
< 10% Is it working?
No votes

Total votes: 12

pgc53

Post by pgc53 »

All I was told it was a update for the speed sign recognition. When I got the car back I checked through the menu using the button on the steering wheel and tick some of the boxes that had become unticked while the dealer had the car.
All I can say is that everything seems to be working fine at the moment.
If I notice anything else I will leave another note.
Ford Puma 2022 ST Line vignale 155 Agate Black

Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

pgc53 wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:49 pm All I was told it was a update for the speed sign recognition. When I got the car back I checked through the menu using the button on the steering wheel and tick some of the boxes that had become unticked while the dealer had the car.
All I can say is that everything seems to be working fine at the moment.
If I notice anything else I will leave another note.
Any update on this bud? I've been using the intelligent speed limiter, which is quite handy as it will automatically set the limiter for you. You can set your tolerance +/- etc a couple of mph as you see fit.

All works well until it picks up a 20mph sign on a side street that you're passing whilst in a 30mph zone.
Stevep999

Post by Stevep999 »

PCG how long did your update take ? ETIS is showing I have a update to that module available
Full fat ST in Magnetic, DAP, Performance pack, panorama & tailgate :-) - ordered end of March delivered end of May LOVE IT

PUMA ST-X Plus First Edition Plus in Agate Black with comfort pack :-) retired June 2022
pgc53

Post by pgc53 »

Hi I took the car in to the dealer about 9am and picked it back up at 1pm but I had a phone call from the person doing the update and he said it had taken about 60 minutes to do.
Had no problems since.
Ford Puma 2022 ST Line vignale 155 Agate Black
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Stevep999 wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:26 am PCG how long did your update take ? ETIS is showing I have a update to that module available
Stevep how do you look at Etis please? Do you have full access or just the limited view. It shows my car as no campaign messages in the column on the left. Assume that means no updates available or required. Thanks.
robgee

Post by robgee »

My Etis is also showing nothing
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)
Stevep999

Post by Stevep999 »

I registered, its free. Look up vehicle software. Mine shows update available for IPMA module, last checked 12th March.

Interestingly it shows sync last checked 2nd July. It must check that wirelessly as no other way it connects
Full fat ST in Magnetic, DAP, Performance pack, panorama & tailgate :-) - ordered end of March delivered end of May LOVE IT

PUMA ST-X Plus First Edition Plus in Agate Black with comfort pack :-) retired June 2022
Hammy

Post by Hammy »

I took a trip to my office and back yesterday. 120 mile trip on the A1. National speed limit between Berwick and Newcastle. Out of nowhere, on a dual carriage way section that is 70, it was flashing 50!! Then out of nowhere n a section, it started flashing 40. There were no signs, nothing...

I think it uses a mixture of GPS data, your position and the camera. There have been other times that depending which direction you are heading on the same stretch of road, it will tell you either 60 or 30! I am pleased I found out how to take the audible warning off as it was really beginning to get on my ti...!
Stevep999

Post by Stevep999 »

getting the IPMA update done this morning.....update to follow

Stevep999

Post by Stevep999 »

So after update it picked up temporary speed signs it missed on way to dealers. Nationals all recognised as either 60 or 70 as appropriate, all seems good so far :-)