Ford Pass, it's just poor.

All Ford Puma related discussions
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

I've had to block notifications from Ford Pass. I use the app on an android device.

The fuel usage indicator (beta) is useless.

The journey recorder (also beta) is much the same. Doesn't matter what vehicle I'm in, the app is constantly notifying me of a journey being recorded. I'm not even in my Ford or connected in any way.

The info given by the journey recorder is nonsense. Harsh acceleration here, moderate cornering there, and of course Harsh braking..... Well it's not my fault that the recorder can't see the reason I've braked harshly is because of the Herbert that's just pulled out on me.

If you read this Ford Pass team. It's dire....

The Grizz

Post by The Grizz »

kinda agree..like the doorlocking/ unlocking (ever get that annoying feeling u forgot to lock the bastaring thing?) and it telling me where the car is too...also telling me the alarm went off...
this is my first connected car so nothing to compare it to tho

like u i shutdown the journey thingie
The Grizz
Jiipee

Post by Jiipee »

Some people say that Ford pass pro is good. I believe it's available in play Store and it costs some money. Maybe worth considering that.
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Jiipee wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:28 pm Some people say that Ford pass pro is good. I believe it's available in play Store and it costs some money. Maybe worth considering that.
Never heard of it. I'll have a look. Thanks.
ejp26

Post by ejp26 »

Hi
Looks like you need to have Ford Pass to download updates to maps etc, would that be right? Had my car for a fortnight now and just been tootling around enjoying driving it but need to get to grips with the technology now!! :lol:
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

No. No need for Ford pass to download updates. Pass is designed to assist you and alert you to problems. As well as remote unlocking, locating and starting (auto transmission).

You also need pass to enable and check your subscriptions to live traffic hazzard warning and on board WiFi.

My issue with it over the last few years is that it's always been in development. Never finished.

Google sync updates which will show you the site where you enter your cars VIN to check for sync updates.

Looking more and more like we'll be needing a computer science degree going forward....
ejp26

Post by ejp26 »

Thanks Wdf76',if I find that I need updates where/how do I download?
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

ejp26 wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:14 pm Thanks Wdf76',if I find that I need updates where/how do I download?
This is the site you need;

https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/resources- ... oth/update#/

Enter your cars VIN and it will tell you what updates, if any, are required for your sync system.
You usually have to download zip files, extract and put them on a USB stick. It's an absolute faff. I speak from experience.

Best way is to ask your dealer to do it. If you have seen that updates are required.

I was told that the cars in board WiFi will handle any future updates, but I wouldn't rely on it.

Hope this helps.
veng92

Post by veng92 »

Looks like I must be the only one that has no issue with ford pass, at ALL. I struggle to find an actual positive review of it 🤔
Ford Puma ST-Line X 1st Ed
Desert Blue
ejp26

Post by ejp26 »

Wdf76 wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:58 pm
ejp26 wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:14 pm Thanks Wdf76',if I find that I need updates where/how do I download?
This is the site you need;

https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/resources- ... oth/update#/

Enter your cars VIN and it will tell you what updates, if any, are required for your sync system.
You usually have to download zip files, extract and put them on a USB stick. It's an absolute faff. I speak from experience.

Best way is to ask your dealer to do it. If you have seen that updates are required.

I was told that the cars in board WiFi will handle any future updates, but I wouldn't rely on it.

Hope this helps.
Great,many thanks ,will take a look.