New Puma on Order

New to the Ford Puma Forums? Introduce yourself here
Deleted User 229

Post by Deleted User 229 »

Hi All,

I don't know how many other pensioners there are on here but I hope all of you young and old can help me with my inevitable questions :)

I have had to keep my C-Max Titanium X for an extra two years waiting for Ford to introduce a SUV (just) that fits in my garage and has all the toys.

I have ordered:
Titanium Auto (just one engine choice 125ps plus no Mild Hybrid)
Agate Black
Rear Privacy Glass
Mini Spare Wheel
Technology Pack (12.3 + Fixed LED Headlights)
Driver Assistance Pack
B&O Premium Audio System
Panorama Roof
Comfort Pack
Handsfree Power Tailgate
Mudflaps (very rural)

With a bit of luck delivery in October 2020.

Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Welcome along.

A lot has been covered already. Mainly pertaining to the hybrid models. There's been a few niggles. We've all brought the first runs, first components new factory etc.

I'm interested in the new dual clutch system. Is it a variation of powershift?

My old man runs a galaxy with an early powershift and it has been faultless. The rest of the car hasn't. 😁.

Don't think anyone has mentioned the massaging seats on the titanium and the removable seat covers you can throw in the wash.

October. Not too long to wait....
ejp26

Post by ejp26 »

Wdf76 that's interesting, your comment about a few niggles for the hybrid, that was enough to steer me towards the Ecoboost (all petrol)......even though I had to tell the sales guy back in January ,that there was such a thing.
FirstFord1972 mine is a Titanium in Black Agate too, with the rear privacy windows but without the other bells and whistle which meant I could have one already "in stock" and only waited just about a fortnight....picked it up 10 days ago and love it....and I'm a pensioner too!!
Deleted User 135

Post by Deleted User 135 »

Well done you guys on getting pumas,i have a 100bhp EcoBoost fiesta mk8 at the moment,im saving up for a puma at the moment, i do likethe 125 ecoboost engine ,i had one in my focus before it got written off
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

ejp26 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:19 pm Wdf76 that's interesting, your comment about a few niggles for the hybrid
I should have more clear with my wording really....

The hybrid engine so far has been totally faultless. I'm really impressed by it. Lots of torque and very frugal. I'm showing an average mpg of 48 for 1600 miles (computer). 50.2 for this tank. You have to adapt your driving style.

The niggles I was referring to are regarding some build issues, trim, fittings and on board systems etc. These could affect both hybrid and non hybrid versions of the car.

Before the Puma I had 3 German built Fiestas in a row and I think their build quality overall was better.
ejp26

Post by ejp26 »

That's good to know,I arrived at the Puma after 2 minis and so far am pretty pleased. My last mini was great but I had trouble with the chrome fiittngs, the surrounds to the gear knob and the handbrake both fell off, but that was all I had to complain about.
Deleted User 135

I would be interested in hearing back about the general running cost,fuel economy etc of the none hybrid engine,everyone says how great the 125 and the 155 hybrids are,the 125 engine was the engine that started it all
Deleted User 229

Post by Deleted User 229 »

I am obviously flying blind as the automatic has only just appeared in the price list and the build&price. I test drove the 125ps mild hybrid manual. Like riding a bike, my first manual for decades! After a few C-Max Powershifts it will be interesting to see how a dual clutch automatic performs. I am used to automatics being less fuel efficient, probably as much as 75%. Still waiting for it to appear in the brochures, which are still stuck in June 2019.
Deleted User 135

The 125 is a good engine,i cant afford a puma yet,still saving and looking at the moment,its the fuel economy on the auto that i find concerning,would be interesting to hear how it goes
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

They've been very quiet about the new 7DCT which looks only suitable for low torque applications.

So, whilst every other manufacturer seems to prioritise auto gearboxes with hybrid power units. Ford stick with manuals.

The EAT8 speed slush box (torque converter) in a Citroen is one of the best autos I've ever driven. My mate has a C5 aircross diesel, changes are very smooth.

The powershift you were used to was a dct, difference now is that you have one more ratio.

I said two cars ago that I was going automatic, may be next time....