Easy Fuel...not

Ford Puma ST Chat
matthen

Post by matthen »

Interesting that you’ve opted for 99 Ron - i’d be interested to know your MPG over the first thousand miles or so (assuming mixed driving, whilst letting the engine run in).

Actually, besides the random rattly bits if trim, the 10 gallon tank is my only complaint about mine, 1 month into ownership - i’d rather have 12.5, or even 15 gallons, and a smaller bathtub under the boot floor. Guess i’m probably in the minority though.
Puma ST (Performance Pack) in Mean Green

The Monkey Man

Post by The Monkey Man »

Certainly will, it's something I want to know. Typically my driving is 4K gear changing and 80-90 cruising (not committing to what scale I'm referring to) If the car range is 300 plus I'll be happy.
I have always used Super purely as the cars I have owned have all felt smoother than on regular. Curiously they have all run best on Sainsburys 97 super I know not why! They have all returned a bit more range per tank vs regular. What with E10 possibly hitting economy I see no reason to switch down to it.
At the end of the month I am driving to Edinburgh so a good opportunity to test. No rattily trim to report as yet and our roads are shite.
Puma ST Agate Black
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

My only rattle seems to be the passenger seat when it’s empty. I think it’s the back that somehow works a bit loose. A quick move of the side wheel sorts it. Maybe something I’ll mention when it goes in next.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
matthen

Post by matthen »

Mine is the drivers door pocket. Rattles sometimes. Stuffing a kitchen towel into the end seems to have dampened it, but it's not really ideal for a car with 1100 miles on. I'll mention it when it goes in.

The Fiat that it replaced had 110K miles on, and didn't rattle at all.
Puma ST (Performance Pack) in Mean Green
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

This is a(nother) fuel filler discussion, not a rattle one.

There’s already a thread for that 👍🏻
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,