Puma delayed again

All Ford Puma related discussions
Rogerio

Post by Rogerio »

Thanks Puma Dave, I think it is definitely a lottery on the build date of the car and how proactive of a dealer you get, sounds like you may have suffered the problems that Vendee suffered with the car getting stuck in craiova! Silverfox, if it makes you feel any better if I hadn't of chased my dealer I don't think id even known the car had been built. I've tended to chase once a month as I didn't want to feel like I was annoying them but they certainly haven't reached out to me off their own back... Frustrating as every time I go past and look in the window all the salesmen are stood round talking in an empty showroom of no customers :lol: (I'm sure they are busy though).

Silverfox

Post by Silverfox »

😂😂😂 I will go in and speak with them on Monday.
nick1972

Post by nick1972 »

Hello,
Just to give you guys a bit of hope, i ordered my ST in august, build date middle of November. The dealer was saying the delivery date was gonna be start of February. Last Thursday he emailed me to say the car had turned up at the dealership and i collected it yesterday.
Pumadave

Post by Pumadave »

Rogelio and Silver fox
I have contact with my sales guy now every Friday late afternoon via telephone and if there is any update from him he does call me , however not as often as I call him lol.. 😆
There is a process for building our cars and everything that is for our particular car is at each station of its production line I learnt it’s a day to build each vehicle , I think higher spec cars do take a little longer though mainly because of SCC shortage as they can get more lower spec car completed sooner and then they have short periods of building higher spec ones .. still can’t believe that when they are put on the transport trains at the plant the trains still only travel at approx 20 mph across Romania because of poor rail infer structure. Anyway happier day ain’t far off .. will keep you posted .. 😉
AMS1969

Post by AMS1969 »

Silverfox - same story as you, ordered a Titanium in magnetic with winter and parking on 20/10/2021 and no build date or details, to be fair the dealer has always said at least March. My concern is not hearing about any Titaniums or ST-Line (other than the X)being delivered or even built, seems to be all the higher spec cars - I’m sure this is not true but seems like it and I’d underestimated how frustrating it is waiting for the build or even build date! Waiting for delivery once built will probably be even worse!!!!
Silverfox

Post by Silverfox »

Ams1969 you may be right. Anybody else ordered a titanium with little or no feedback from dealership
HertfordPuma

Post by HertfordPuma »

Saw this on a facebook the other day… Taken at 2am in Watford junction. Hoping these Pumas belong to people patiently (frustratingly) waiting.

(Click on link, join the group and you’ll be able to see it)

Ford Puma ST Line X Vignale. Grey Matter. 155ps. Driver Assistance Pack
Vendee

Post by Vendee »

Finally some good news for me. My senior Ford management contact had told be on Tuesday that my car should be on the next train out of the plant within a couple of days. Today the dealer emailed me to say the car has now reached Flushing, after spending over 9 long weeks in a compound at the factory in Craiova. Hopefully my car will now be with me within 3 weeks. Hopefully this compound is now being emptied and others here in the same situation may soon see their cars.
Puma ST Line Vignale 125, DAP Magnetic
Rogerio

Post by Rogerio »

Vendee wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:13 pm Finally some good news for me. My senior Ford management contact had told be on Tuesday that my car should be on the next train out of the plant within a couple of days. Today the dealer emailed me to say the car has now reached Flushing, after spending over 9 long weeks in a compound at the factory in Craiova. Hopefully my car will now be with me within 3 weeks. Hopefully this compound is now being emptied and others here in the same situation may soon see their cars.
That's great news Vendee! what a relief for you that things are finally moving. I'm just praying they aren't refilling this compound with cars they have just built :lol:
Deleted User 878

Post by Deleted User 878 »

Vendee, I received my email from Brian Hardaway today saying mine was in flushing as of 'TODAY' and should be at the dealers within 2 weeks. So, my dealer told me last week that it was already there.....who do we believe. Anyway 2 weeks which means probably 4.