Puma delayed again

All Ford Puma related discussions
Demisg92

Post by Demisg92 »

I have to say, i've gotten more information in the last couple minutes reading these posts than I have the whole duration i've been waiting for my car.
My order date was Mid August, i've had no build date or anything. Was estimated delivery of December, then 17th January but have just been advised that this has been delayed again. The Dealership isn't able to give any timescales but has guessed at March!

sfootboy

Post by sfootboy »

Ford Puma Jan 2022.jpg

Just thought it might be useful to show what my dealer provides to me whenever I ask for an update. This is what I got this morning.
Deleted User 965

Post by Deleted User 965 »

Agreed to sticking by.. it'll all hopefully be worth it. I've broken my leg as well so I'm in the really odd position of hoping that there are no early arrival surprises on mine. March would do very nicely.

Thanks for the info. The alloys is an interesting one. The price list tends to be the most accurate thing we get to see as consumers and as of the 18th Nov they're showing the same ones on the ST. I too will feedback if I can track my dealer down. He was self isolating over new year so may need to give him some time.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Hope the leg gets better soon....Wasn't one of your nine lives situation I hope... ;)
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
discostu1

Post by discostu1 »

hi all just joined today ,
I ordered a puma ST line x with rear camera upgrade on the 18th oct was told Est delivery was march had an email from my dealer beginning of Dec saying no updates and be in touch in the new year ,
I went on my dealers app with my orders on today and notice the delivery date had changed to JUNE they have updated my docs on the app but no email direct to say why the date has moved ,I will speak to them tomorrow and if it has been moved then I cant be bothered to wait any more I will cancel the order
Deleted User 965

Post by Deleted User 965 »

Sparks wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:41 pm Hope the leg gets better soon....Wasn't one of your nine lives situation I hope... ;)
Cheers Sparks! who knows.. had I landed a few inches further over on my back I could be telling a different tale. So I'll take the leg and get on with it. Lets just say that my clutch leg is currently out of action till the end of Feb.

What on earth is going on with that lead time discostu1? Why are we having such contrasted experiences in the same country for the same car?! I ordered mid November and was given a mid-Jan build date before Christmas. October to June is the polar opposite of that. And Vendee's situation is just bonkers as well. I suppose there could be a nasty surprise waiting for me when my dealer re-surfaces.. Could it be any car with a spec like the driver assistance pack/cameras etc if this is still a chip shortage thing?
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Screenshot_2022-01-05-15-21-10-26_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Don't know which car manufacturers this could affect. Check the attached.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

There is a full article in New Scientist regarding the fire.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Jamchappers

Post by Jamchappers »

Think it might be different lead times for different specs. We ordered a 155 St Line X in Solar at the end of August and it's due to be built Friday with early Feb delivery (hopefully) another member of the family ordered the same a week later in blue and theirs is due to be built in the on the 14th with delivery same week as ours. Someone else I know ordered the same in blue but with one of the extra packs on the same week in August as us and theirs is due to be built 3rd week in Feb with delivery end of March 😳
HertfordPuma

Post by HertfordPuma »

Seems to be loads of updates in the last couple of days. I’ve heard from our dealer today and our Puma was built yesterday and should arrive in the UK ‘mid February’. All being well with the transport, we’ve decided to wait and have it registered for a 22 plate with collection on the 1st March (or near then anyway).

To give some timeline, we ordered Vignale, 155, grey matter, driver assistance pack on 10th August 2021.
Ford Puma ST Line X Vignale. Grey Matter. 155ps. Driver Assistance Pack