Swapping STLX FE for Kuga STLX PHEV

All Ford Puma related discussions
JackTheLad87

Post by JackTheLad87 »

Sorry to say in the coming months I'll be giving my Ford Puma ST-Line X First Edition back for a Kuga ST-Line X plug-in hybrid in Agate Black with Drivers assistance pack. That certainly wasn't my intention, I did want another Puma... But it worked out more expensive to oder another Puma in the same spec then it did to order a PHEV Kuga with better spec due to the Kuga being on 0% interest with added £1000 deposit contribution before the 1st Jan and the Puma being 3.9% with £500 deposit contribution.

Glad I did it when I did as the kuga apr has gone up to 3.9% now aswell from 1st Jan.

Will be sad to see the Puma go as I love it, I was a launch customer for Trust Ford 2 years ago and due to the pandemic had pretty much exclusivity for the first 6 months of ownership. I am however looking forward to going part electric which really will bring my fuel costs down. Who knew going for a much more expensive car would work out cheaper!

Anybody else upgrading their car soon? Another Puma or something else?
Jack. 32. South East London. Ford Puma ST Line X First Edition: Desert Island Blue.

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

The dealer keeps calling to see if I changed my mind about selling. To be honest, I couldn't stand the wait for a new Puma. I think the Kuga may be a bit big for my needs, but, may be worth asking what they are offering.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
JackTheLad87

Post by JackTheLad87 »

Sparks wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:00 pm The dealer keeps calling to see if I changed my mind about selling. To be honest, I couldn't stand the wait for a new Puma. I think the Kuga may be a bit big for my needs, but, may be worth asking what they are offering.
Always worth asking what they will offer. If they keep calling about wanting your Puma, it gives you a bit of bargaining power. It would be worth asking that if you go for it will they honour the 0% apr from December.
Jack. 32. South East London. Ford Puma ST Line X First Edition: Desert Island Blue.
asl3312

Post by asl3312 »

We looked at the Kuga phev too when deciding to change the Puma. Be wary though as cars over £40k list price with options have an additional tax levy of over £300 for years 2 - 5 (I think the Kuga just missed out on this). This includes plug in hybrids even though their overall emissions are relatively miniscule in comparison (pure EVs are exempt however).
***NOW SOLD*** 2020 ST Line X 7DCT Auto 125PS - Magnetic Grey - DAP - LED - HFPT - Panoramic Roof - 19" Alloys
JackTheLad87

Post by JackTheLad87 »

asl3312 wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:45 pm We looked at the Kuga phev too when deciding to change the Puma. Be wary though as cars over £40k list price with options have an additional tax levy of over £300 for years 2 - 5 (I think the Kuga just missed out on this). This includes plug in hybrids even though their overall emissions are relatively miniscule in comparison (pure EVs are exempt however).
Got an amazing deal so my ST Line X PHEV with Premium Paint, Drivers Assistance Pack, and Wireless Charging pad, Winter Pack now comes as standard list price was £39,855 but got it for £33,591 so under the 40k :D
asl3312

Post by asl3312 »

JackTheLad87 wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:28 pm
asl3312 wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:45 pm We looked at the Kuga phev too when deciding to change the Puma. Be wary though as cars over £40k list price with options have an additional tax levy of over £300 for years 2 - 5 (I think the Kuga just missed out on this). This includes plug in hybrids even though their overall emissions are relatively miniscule in comparison (pure EVs are exempt however).
Got an amazing deal so my ST Line X PHEV with Premium Paint, Drivers Assistance Pack, and Wireless Charging pad, Winter Pack now comes as standard list price was £39,855 but got it for £33,591 so under the 40k :D
Good work, that is a great price. I like the new Kuga, it's a larger Puma :D
***NOW SOLD*** 2020 ST Line X 7DCT Auto 125PS - Magnetic Grey - DAP - LED - HFPT - Panoramic Roof - 19" Alloys
NFFC

Post by NFFC »

Great choice you are getting my exact model I drive, love my plug in hybrid.
Ford Puma ST Line Red 125bhp
JackTheLad87

Post by JackTheLad87 »

asl3312 wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:57 pm
JackTheLad87 wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:28 pm
Good work, that is a great price. I like the new Kuga, it's a larger Puma :D
Yea I'm looking forward to it, in black with the red calipers it very much looks similar to the Porsche Cayenne
JackTheLad87

Post by JackTheLad87 »

NFFC wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:36 pm Great choice you are getting my exact model I drive, love my plug in hybrid.
Ah brilliant. What sort of MPG are you getting in hybrid mode and do you manage to get about in electric only quite a lot?
NFFC

Post by NFFC »

I travel 27 miles a day and it’s all electric, even during winter on with lights on and heating etc. I’ve now done 5k miles and over 4k has been electric.At present it’s doing over 260 mpg, I have also done some big journeys over 200 miles
Ford Puma ST Line Red 125bhp