Local hazard info

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Jon_STLine

Post by Jon_STLine »

I haven’t activated it yet as it’s a small trial which is pointless until I go back to work as it only lasts 3 months if I’m right? Then you start paying - I’d rather just tether my phone and still get the local hazard information. The live traffic was working as it had some road blocks etc on sat nav just navigating through on my drive.

So I 100% need to activate the Vodafone trial data plan to get this to work?

Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

Hot spot is 3 months trial, live traffic and local hazard info are two years.
Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic
Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

CEB0D996-1D83-4B50-B0BF-9F08CED3B2FD.jpeg

Spearmint wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:46 pm Hot spot is 3 months trial, live traffic and local hazard info are two years.
Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

You 100% do not have to activate the Vodafone hotspot for either live traffic or hazard information to work.

Your phone does not need to be tethered to the car either. Sync 3 data sharing with Ford must be allowed. You will see that you are receiving data if you have the little up/down arrow and car signal in the top bar on your sync screen.

I only tether my phone to check for system updates. However, I have not been able to update Sync 3 wirelessly in the past.

Both services should automatically be activated for 2 years from the date you purchased the car.

If you see one service and not the other then there was an error when the service was set up.

I have had both services (never used as I use android auto) from my date of purchase.

I have not signed up nor will sign up for the wireless hotspot. It's of no use to me.

Ford are already having our pants down by providing a 2 year information service when most have their cars on three year agreements. I will not be paying for the third year.

In your position I'd be on the phone to the supplying dealer. I haven't found ford pass guides that helpful, answers tend to be copy paste from a standard script.
Nician

Post by Nician »

Hi,
Does anyone here know if Local Hazard Information is available for the Focus 2020.25my with sync 3.4?
I’ve tried all of the resets and reinstalls suggested here with no luck. The option remains grayed out and doesn’t appear in the subscriptions on the iPhone app.
I’ve asked in several dedicated Focus forums but have not had any replies so far.
Nician

Post by Nician »

Anyone?
JackTheLad87

Post by JackTheLad87 »

Not sure about the focus to be honest, the Puma is built on the fiesta... You haven’t told us what model you have. It’ll only work if your focus has the built in ford pass connect modem which I believe is only available on the Titanium & ST Line-X or above. If you can unlock your car doors with your phone then you’ll be able to get local hazard information.
Jack. 32. South East London. Ford Puma ST Line X First Edition: Desert Island Blue.
Nician

Post by Nician »

It’s a Vignale, I can open/close my doors remotely with no problem. Nobody in the Focus world (including my dealer!) has any idea. Quite frustrating 😕
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

In my experience the dealer is usually the last person I ask. Have you tried calling Ford directly. Numbers below; 👍

Screenshot_20200616-165653_Chrome.jpg

Nician

Post by Nician »

I’m starting to wonder if it’s not available for Focus just yet, perhaps it will come as an update soon.
I will try the Ford number, thank you