125 v155 revisited

All Ford Puma related discussions
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Yep - easy to tell the models apart but not so the variants within the models.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.

MacUK

Post by MacUK »

Tommo56 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:08 pm
paulv wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:49 pm my vignale has chrome 'studs' on the radiator grille, don't know if vignales still do but wonder if thats a decent visible exterior difference?
image0.jpeg
My 155 Vignale has the same grill, so it's specific to the Vignale and not engine size.

I posted a few months ago why the Puma Vignale grille was different than the normal Vignale 'V' grills. I fact the Puma looks a lot like my KA+ grille!
(Ford stock image)

KA+ grill.jpg

Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

20 miles traveled in new Vignale 155. Awesome performance and sports mode could be scary, the power is unreal. I upgraded mainly for the increased torque and it duly delivers. Massage seats are excellent with lots of variations. The car is just one day old so a little early for a comparison with my previous ST-Line X 125 FE. The sports pedals are gone, everything else appears to be as before. Another bonus is all the modules are up to date apart from sync 3 software and maps. So far I'm impressed.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
MagneticGrey

Post by MagneticGrey »

Rizmo wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:12 pm 20 miles traveled in new Vignale 155. Awesome performance and sports mode could be scary, the power is unreal. I upgraded mainly for the increased torque and it duly delivers. Massage seats are excellent with lots of variations. The car is just one day old so a little early for a comparison with my previous ST-Line X 125 FE. The sports pedals are gone, everything else appears to be as before. Another bonus is all the modules are up to date apart from sync 3 software and maps. So far I'm impressed.
Glad to hear that you've got the new car and that you are so pleased with it. 👍
There certainly is no shortage of torque with these engines.
Puma ST-Line X 155 Magnetic (previous)
Nissan Qashqai Tekna E-Power (present)
Mike

Post by Mike »

Good to hear you are enjoying your new car, guess that answers the debate about 125 v 155 and your right it gets a wriggle on in sports mode, wait til its run in.
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

At my age sport mode is usually reserved for watching motorsport on tv.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
pkaps

Post by pkaps »

Rizmo wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:12 pm 20 miles traveled in new Vignale 155. Awesome performance and sports mode could be scary, the power is unreal. I upgraded mainly for the increased torque and it duly delivers. Massage seats are excellent with lots of variations. The car is just one day old so a little early for a comparison with my previous ST-Line X 125 FE. The sports pedals are gone, everything else appears to be as before. Another bonus is all the modules are up to date apart from sync 3 software and maps. So far I'm impressed.
Good to know as there was some talk about not seeing a huge difference between 125 to 155. As I have tested both and ordered the 155 in auto x trim, I can say that the 125 is quite adequate and in my opinion is similarly quick off the line, in sport mode it is also quite responsive, but the 155 had better pull in the mid and high range and this is what I was looking for.Brakes were impressive on both even if the 125 had rear drums. Is it just me or the 125 seems quieter and more civilised? Or could be the sound enhancer on the 155?
Deleted User 135

Post by Deleted User 135 »

Still on the fence regarding 125 or 155,well I got a couple of years to decide lol
Tommo56

Post by Tommo56 »

pkaps wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:04 pm
Good to know as there was some talk about not seeing a huge difference between 125 to 155. As I have tested both and ordered the 155 in auto x trim, I can say that the 125 is quite adequate and in my opinion is similarly quick off the line, in sport mode it is also quite responsive, but the 155 had better pull in the mid and high range and this is what I was looking for.Brakes were impressive on both even if the 125 had rear drums. Is it just me or the 125 seems quieter and more civilised? Or could be the sound enhancer on the 155?
Dont think the 155 has a sound enhancer... never seen/found one . But I have to admit I love the growl from the engine under acceleration, but I assumed it was a feature of it being a 3 cylinder engine?!
2021.75 Puma, STLineX Vignale, MHEV, 155bhp, 7spDCT, Fantastic Red.
Winter pack, Massage seats, B&O audio, Fixed LED headlights - all standard AFAIK. Accessories fitted: "AAWireless" Android Auto, rubber floor and megabox mats.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

It's a pleasant growl regardless of how it happens. My wife noticed it right away and also thinks it's a sporty sound.