Puma delayed again

All Ford Puma related discussions
Curryhouse

Post by Curryhouse »

Sparks wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:33 am
Curryhouse wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:41 am Coincidentally, I have just had an email from the dealer saying if I wanted to cancel they have some "fantastic cars in stock" and can do me a "brilliant deal". 😁😆😅

They just want to get their hands on my Puma which is now nearly 5k less than the official Ford price! They would sell it for a lot more than I am paying.
I've been offered more than I paid new for mine which makes it around the same price as a new one. Not sure your dealer is being very honest if he's offering 5 grand less. :?
The 5k difference is what I am due to pay and the price, today, of a similar specification Puma.

Deleted User 965

Post by Deleted User 965 »

Raybuzz wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:48 am Finally given up cancelled my order vignale 155 which i put in mid August with still no build date and dealership saying delivery march 2022 stick with what i have till chip shortage is over.
That's quite odd as there are others ordered after you that at least have a provisional ETA for build.
Rogerio

Post by Rogerio »

Curryhouse wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:41 am Coincidentally, I have just had an email from the dealer saying if I wanted to cancel they have some "fantastic cars in stock" and can do me a "brilliant deal". 😁😆😅

They just want to get their hands on my Puma which is now nearly 5k less than the official Ford price! They would sell it for a lot more than I am paying.
Wow after the loyalty you have shown them waiting patiently for the car, This is bold move by them :lol: !

Got to admire their nerve.

Speaking to a colleague today whos ordered a vignale has now been told straight they wont see the car till March, Seems that the higher spec of car the further back the delivery dates go. Make you wonder if they are even going to start considering building that model until next year now in preference to ones with less features(chips).
Spoonface

Post by Spoonface »

Just been told my build will be 'hopefully' be early next year (which means they don't know). September order for ST Line, no extra gadgets- just rear tints
Hers: ST-Line Design Frozen White | His: ST-Line Grey Matter
Deleted User 878

Post by Deleted User 878 »

Col1948 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:23 am Ordered a St Line in White, !55 engine, 19 '' Wheels on the 1st August 21 the vehicle has been built and awaiting delivery to UK. Anticipated delivery to dealer 18th Dec. i wont hold my breath on that one...at least i now have a car, the long wait coming to an end, good luck to everyone with ones on order... they are starting to arrive.
The wife had a Fiesta on order at the same time, this will now be the latest model at the same price, delivery March 22...still a result!
I placed my order at the end of July and I too have a delivery date of week ending the 18th December. The car is ready for shipping and I have the VIN number confirmed. They usually take about 5 weeks from finished build to delivery. Let's see.
PoliteKaren

Post by PoliteKaren »

Just thought I'd post the latest (Bull*****) from the dealer my partner has ordered her Puma from (ST Line X) (September order). This Tuesday (23rd) he said..... some Puma production has been moved from Romainia to Cologne (Germany), make of that what you will. He also said the her order has a build schedule for early December, and an expected delivery date first/second week of January, make of that what you will aswell. I did warn her at the time of ordering that she would'nt see the car any time this year, especially when she got her order form emailed to her stating that the delivery date was 1st June 2022. What makes me laugh is..... Ford now advertising that, 24 hour test drives are back, you can book your 24 hour test drive in a brand new Ford. Really!!! and where are all these brand new Fords for 24 hour test drives coming from??? This is advertised by Bristol Street Motors, conveniently where my partners car is ordered from. (You can't make it up), well, not unless your a salesman (or woman). I've told her not to build her hopes up for Jan 22. Just Saying..........
pompeydave

Post by pompeydave »

I snapped up a lease deal on a puma titanium a month ago and promised Jan 14th next year. Looking at everybody else’s comments I’m not that confident on that date .Lease firm swear by it though lol.
2022 St-Line X 125 desert island blue
Vendee

Post by Vendee »

Mine should be with me in 14-21 days touch wood. It has been built, just awaiting shipment to the UK. It will be almost 6 months to the day since I ordered in June. Dealer says some models like the Galaxy (do they really still make them?) are taking 9 months from order date. He thinks it will take another 12 months for things to get back to normal..... unless of course this new covid variant changes things again for the worse :(
Puma ST Line Vignale 125, DAP Magnetic
Deleted User 965

Post by Deleted User 965 »

PoliteKaren wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:19 pm Just thought I'd post the latest (Bull*****) from the dealer my partner has ordered her Puma from (ST Line X) (September order). This Tuesday (23rd) he said..... some Puma production has been moved from Romainia to Cologne (Germany), make of that what you will. He also said the her order has a build schedule for early December, and an expected delivery date first/second week of January, make of that what you will aswell. I did warn her at the time of ordering that she would'nt see the car any time this year, especially when she got her order form emailed to her stating that the delivery date was 1st June 2022. What makes me laugh is..... Ford now advertising that, 24 hour test drives are back, you can book your 24 hour test drive in a brand new Ford. Really!!! and where are all these brand new Fords for 24 hour test drives coming from??? This is advertised by Bristol Street Motors, conveniently where my partners car is ordered from. (You can't make it up), well, not unless your a salesman (or woman). I've told her not to build her hopes up for Jan 22. Just Saying..........
When did you place your order if you don’t mind me asking? I placed mine two weeks ago and the date on the order was 31st March. I’m not expecting it before May at the very best.

Whilst not impossible to move some production to Cologne, I just can’t see why they would? They’re not short on fiesta orders to keep the workforce going, and they’re not outputting at full tilt in Romania. Just doesn’t seem to add up to me. Both locations are constrained by the lack of semiconductors. Unless that is hidden behind internal politics there is some disquiet within Ford at the quality controls in Romania?
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Cologne is in the middle of changing the plant to produce the new EV (mini Mach-E), so I doubt they will have moved anything to Cologne. It's not as if Romania can't cope, they aren't at anywhere near full production. It's a chip shortage and I doubt there are any more in Cologne than in Romania......
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.