Puma delayed again

All Ford Puma related discussions
Rogerio

Post by Rogerio »

Thanks all for your replies, I have to admit I do feel quite sorry for the dealerships in this situation. I cant help but feel that Ford UK have left them out on a limb to either make up their own narrative or not say anything at all... rather than being a bit more transparent and risk future orders, I feel that I am probably under the latter of those approaches!

I have a friend who has ordered a very similar specification to mine in early September and she got a call from her dealership on Monday to say it could be as late as march which I hope is a worst case scenario based on the fact that the plants that produce the Kuga, fiesta and focus have currently halted production. I did read that the plant in Romania that produces the puma is currently producing but who knows how long it will be before the next stoppage!

I have my fingers crossed that I will see the car before February but will definitely not be getting my hopes up. On a separate note congrats ErikThBee on the order of the ST! I had a Fiesta ST a few years ago and it was so much fun to drive I'm sure yours will be worth the wait!

Raybuzz

Post by Raybuzz »

Had phone call from dealer today saying my car could possibly not delivered to to dealer till march 22 i ordered the Puma Vignale 155 in mid August to say its disappointing is an understatement thinking about not changing cars now and staying with my Tucson and getting my deposit back 7 month wait is just not good enough for me.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Raybuzz wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:11 am Had phone call from dealer today saying my car could possibly not delivered to to dealer till march 22 i ordered the Puma Vignale 155 in mid August to say its disappointing is an understatement thinking about not changing cars now and staying with my Tucson and getting my deposit back 7 month wait is just not good enough for me.
I don't blame you....I wouldn't have the patience for that...
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Tommo56

Post by Tommo56 »

Raybuzz wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:11 am Had phone call from dealer today saying my car could possibly not delivered to to dealer till march 22 i ordered the Puma Vignale 155 in mid August to say its disappointing is an understatement thinking about not changing cars now and staying with my Tucson and getting my deposit back 7 month wait is just not good enough for me.
Out of curiosity (and I'm sorry if you have answered this before) .... what makes you want to change from the Tucson? The latest look very smart imho.
2021.75 Puma, STLineX Vignale, MHEV, 155bhp, 7spDCT, Fantastic Red.
Winter pack, Massage seats, B&O audio, Fixed LED headlights - all standard AFAIK. Accessories fitted: "AAWireless" Android Auto, rubber floor and megabox mats.
Raybuzz

Post by Raybuzz »

Hi its just about size in the car theres normally only me and the Mrs now Tucson have been a great car but its diesel so was looking for a hybrid smaller car.
Deleted User 878

Post by Deleted User 878 »

Ordered mine in July and just had notification from my dealer that it has been build and ready for transportation. Should be at the dealership Dec 18th. 5 month wait.
SteveO

Post by SteveO »

Hi all (......hopefully soon to be Puma ST LINE X Vignale Auto - 155bhp - Frozen White - DAP - Pan roof).

Just joined the forum where I ordered the Puma around 1 week ago and it was suggested by the dealer I would be looking at next March/April for delivery? After reading these posts I'm not sure if this is going to be the case? I note on the Ford website I can track my car once I get a VIN, can anybody tell me when the dealer is able to release this information to me?
Puma ST Line X Vignale - Frozen White - DAP - 155bhp Auto - Pan Roof - HFPT
Ordered on 12 Nov 21
Pick up from dealer - 20 May 22
Deleted User 965

Post by Deleted User 965 »

Hi SteveO,

I'm roughly the same as you, having ordered at the start of the week. I was also told around 31st March but they admitted it was going to be a very finger in the air date until well in to the new year. My dealer also said it's about 1-2 weeks after ordering before Ford put their provisional ETA on the order. Think somebody on here said they'd ordered in August and were now being told March, but then denty1964 ordered July and getting it December. Whether that means there is something specific that is going to mean a 1 month later order is going to be 3 months later arriving I'm not sure. Are they planning a brief production stop or is it just down to some shuffling of stock orders going on or something..

Who knows eh.. I'm keeping my hopes well in check until I see it has an actual definite build date.
Deleted User 905

Post by Deleted User 905 »

SteveO wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:14 am Hi all (......hopefully soon to be Puma ST LINE X Vignale Auto - 155bhp - Frozen White - DAP - Pan roof).

Just joined the forum where I ordered the Puma around 1 week ago and it was suggested by the dealer I would be looking at next March/April for delivery? After reading these posts I'm not sure if this is going to be the case? I note on the Ford website I can track my car once I get a VIN, can anybody tell me when the dealer is able to release this information to me?

Hi SteveO, you should note that the VIN includes the build date so I doubt if your dealer would know until it is in production.
Tommo56

Post by Tommo56 »

SteveO wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:14 am Hi all (......hopefully soon to be Puma ST LINE X Vignale Auto - 155bhp - Frozen White - DAP - Pan roof).

Great car choice, definitely worth the wait.
2021.75 Puma, STLineX Vignale, MHEV, 155bhp, 7spDCT, Fantastic Red.
Winter pack, Massage seats, B&O audio, Fixed LED headlights - all standard AFAIK. Accessories fitted: "AAWireless" Android Auto, rubber floor and megabox mats.