Heated screen

All Ford Puma related discussions
BjNtheBear

Post by BjNtheBear »

Anyone ever get annoyed with the screen elements reflected in bright sunlight/street lighting at night?
First time I've had a car with this fitted, probably wouldn't have specced it if it came as an option as my car is usually garaged overnight, no doubt it'll come in handy at some point now we're into winter but I find it quite distracting at times, rant over 😉😀
Ford Puma ST Line X 155 Desert Island Blue

Tommo56

Post by Tommo56 »

Agreed. When the sunlight is at the right angle the elements really pick up the light and throws your focus out for a second. But its a really handy option to have, only bettered by the heated steering wheel (great if you suffer from arthritis or reynauds in the hands).
2021.75 Puma, STLineX Vignale, MHEV, 155bhp, 7spDCT, Fantastic Red.
Winter pack, Massage seats, B&O audio, Fixed LED headlights - all standard AFAIK. Accessories fitted: "AAWireless" Android Auto, rubber floor and megabox mats.
cianpars

Post by cianpars »

My last 4 Fords have had heated screens and the elements seem to have got more visible with each one. It's the price you pay for having something very useful in cold weather. I would hate to have a car without one now.
Deleted User 135

Post by Deleted User 135 »

I got both in my fiesta,heated steering is an absolute god send in winter, the heated wnscren is too in winter none of that scrapng ice crap
andydajo

Post by andydajo »

BjNtheBear wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:17 pm Anyone ever get annoyed with the screen elements reflected in bright sunlight/street lighting at night?
First time I've had a car with this fitted, probably wouldn't have specced it if it came as an option as my car is usually garaged overnight, no doubt it'll come in handy at some point now we're into winter but I find it quite distracting at times, rant over 😉😀
You will get used to it and forget it's even there, I've had 5 Fords now and in Winter you really appreciate the ability to clear the windscreen in less than a minute and can get on your way.
Wish it was available/standard with all manufacturers.
Ford Puma ST-Line X First Edition 155PS
bbtablet

Post by bbtablet »

Agreed - you will get used to it and forget all about it - it's just that you are looking for it at the moment. I was the same when I first had a heated windscreen in a Ford Focus 2005! I genuinely have not noticed it at all in my Puma (although now I will start to look for it! - grrrrh!).
A similar case is the gear-change advisory on the screen which drives some new owners nuts because it seems out of sync with the way they want to drive, but after a time you find you stop casting your eye down to look at it every time it moves and it ceases to be an issue.
I sometimes think we are looking too much inside the vehicle at all the displays it can (or fails to) do instead of looking out of the window, relaxing and enjoying the ride!
Lucid red Puma ST Line X 155
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

My last four Fords and my wife’s KA all had heated screens. I occasionally notice the lines but mostly I just don’t any more. You learn to focus beyond them (I hope 😉).

The benefit far outweighs the downside imo.

One thing I have noticed though is that my Focus seemed to have constant heated door mirrors. They never misted up and any rain drops were quickly dispersed. Not so with the Puma - I have to switch on the heated rear screen to clear the mirrors.

I’ve also noticed that if you turn the heated seats or steering wheel on that they will still be on the next time you start the car. That’s poor imo.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
mirrormask

Post by mirrormask »

I always notice the annoying little filaments when I'm driving into the sun. They also spoil dashcam footage if the sun is in front. I've had Fords with heated windscreens for many years and they are occasionally useful in cold weather.
Ford Puma Titanium 1.0L EcoBoost mHEV 92KW/125PS Lucid Red Nov 2020
dunmac25

Post by dunmac25 »

After having a heated front screen in my past 6 Fords, it is something you don’t miss until you don’t have it.
My car is kept outside all year and being in the North of Scotland, it is really handy. It also gives you a smug grin when you drive past other people scraping their windscreens

Agree with some of the comments though, they seem to be more visible at night than previous models
sinlessUK

Post by sinlessUK »

BjNtheBear wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:17 pm Anyone ever get annoyed with the screen elements reflected in bright sunlight/street lighting at night?
No annoyance for me. A little strange at first but you get used to it.
https://topcashback.co.uk/ref/simon | https://surfshark.club/friend/Fbv9yqHV | https://share.octopus.energy/flax-elm-797 | https://electroverse.octopus.energy/network/sign-up?referralCode=flax-elm-797 | https://app.tronity.io/signup/QJJDFDC6