Ford Service Plan

All Ford Puma related discussions
FF33

Post by FF33 »

Well despite being armed with copies of my service plan, clearly showing what was included, today’s annual inspection/convenience check was a painful experience. I waited the hour for them to do the check and was then asked to settle up. I explained I had a service plan……tap tap tap….computer says no. Tried old reg, new reg, name, postcode….computer still said no. Receptionist then passed me on to her boss who did exactly the same checks and unsurprisingly computer still said no. I was informed I didn’t have a service plan. I assured him I did, I had the paperwork right there in my hands. No, you don’t…..yes I do….panto came to mind at this point. Eventually, having read him the first few lines of the email confirmation I’d had in my hand since the start of the conversation, he advised me “Ah, you’ve got Ford Protect, that’s not a service plan”. Silly me I thought, there was I thinking I’d bought a service plan, based on the fact that the Ford Website describes and sells it as a “service plan”, and the email confirmation and other paperwork describe it as a “service plan”, but to Ford dealers, it’s not.

We eventually got through it without me punching him through the Perspex screen and I did leave with my Roadside assistance extended for a year, but it really shouldn’t be this difficult, nor should I have to remember “next time don’t say service plan, say Ford Protect” which was his parting words to me.

Truly shocked by this and it has definitely made me rethink my decision to buy Ford.

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Change dealers if possible....I get fed up with these chumps that work in them and just try to screw the customers...Name and shame your dealer.
Email Ford and complain about the way the treated you over the service plan....The dealer lied if he says he's never heard of the Ford service plan.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Mike

Post by Mike »

I have found ford ok to deal direct with for any issues and no real problem with the dealer so far unless they damage my car again, you did well to control yourself .
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
mirrormask

Post by mirrormask »

Mike wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:02 pm look forward to this discussion with the dealer soon, along with the one about the scratch from the last time it was in.
If my memory is correct i was given 49.95 convenience check price and 299 for 1st service, that is why i also took the service plan out.
At the end of the day it is a 20min look over and then an oil change and another quick look over at 2yrs plus the cost of roadside assistance which i am sure ford will be getting a good deal on.
That's interesting. I believe I've been quoted £99 for a convenience check. Booked for 22 Nov with TrustFord.
Ford Puma Titanium 1.0L EcoBoost mHEV 92KW/125PS Lucid Red Nov 2020
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

mirrormask wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:25 pm
Mike wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:02 pm look forward to this discussion with the dealer soon, along with the one about the scratch from the last time it was in.
If my memory is correct i was given 49.95 convenience check price and 299 for 1st service, that is why i also took the service plan out.
At the end of the day it is a 20min look over and then an oil change and another quick look over at 2yrs plus the cost of roadside assistance which i am sure ford will be getting a good deal on.
That's interesting. I believe I've been quoted £99 for a convenience check. Booked for 22 Nov with TrustFord.
Shop around...They are ripping you off IMO even with the free roadside assistance renewal it's not worth £99 and can be had for less...i.e

https://www.tch.co.uk/servicing-offers/ ... nce-check/
https://www.wrdavies.co.uk/ford/service ... nce-check/
https://www.jataylor-ford.co.uk/offers/ ... ence-check

In fairness, it can also be had for more than £99.
It took them around 20 mins to do mine and that included sending me a video of the tech looking under the car and at the brake wear.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
mirrormask

Post by mirrormask »

To be honest, I only booked it for the year's free roadside assist. Plus I want them to check out the false collision warnings etc. Not that they'll find anything. It seems to have calmed down recently, anyway.
Ford Puma Titanium 1.0L EcoBoost mHEV 92KW/125PS Lucid Red Nov 2020
Vendee

Post by Vendee »

Apologies... I'm coming late to this thread. I'm not normally interested in servicing plans of any sort but this looks reasonable value. I went to the Ford website to try and find out more and get a quote but it needs a Reg No. which I haven't got yet or a VIN which I do have but the system doesn't recognise it. Could someone tell me how much this would cost based on a 10k/year usage? Thanks.
Puma ST Line Vignale 125, DAP Magnetic
Deleted User 905

Post by Deleted User 905 »

Vendee wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:53 pm Apologies... I'm coming late to this thread. I'm not normally interested in servicing plans of any sort but this looks reasonable value. I went to the Ford website to try and find out more and get a quote but it needs a Reg No. which I haven't got yet or a VIN which I do have but the system doesn't recognise it. Could someone tell me how much this would cost based on a 10k/year usage? Thanks.

I bought mine a year ago but I believe that the prices are about the same:

The service schedule for your vehicle is every 2 years / 18000 miles, whichever comes sooner. The plans available are as follows:

2 Year 1 Service - £239
Includes convenience check at 12 months, first service at 2 years or 18000 miles, brake fluid change at 2 years plus 12 months roadside assistance to be added by the dealer at the convenience check and first service.

2 year 2 service - £409 (distance over 2 years 36000)
Includes the first 2 services, brake fluid change at 2 years plus 12 months roadside assistance to be added by the dealer at point of service.

3 year 2 service - £439 (distance over 3 years, 36000)
Includes convenience check, first two services at 18000 and 36000 miles , brake fluid change at 2 years plus 12 months roadside assistance to be added by the dealer at the convenience check and services.

3 year 3 service - £539 (distance over 3 years, 54000)
Includes the first 3 services, brake fluid change at 2 years plus 12 months roadside assistance to be added by the dealer at point of service.

Should you wish to purchase one of the above plans, please use the following on line shop link https://shop.ford.co.uk/pages/service-plans

I hope this is of assistance to you, if you have any further queries please email us at protect@ford.com
Vendee

Post by Vendee »

lightfoot wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:32 pm
Vendee wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:53 pm Apologies... I'm coming late to this thread. I'm not normally interested in servicing plans of any sort but this looks reasonable value. I went to the Ford website to try and find out more and get a quote but it needs a Reg No. which I haven't got yet or a VIN which I do have but the system doesn't recognise it. Could someone tell me how much this would cost based on a 10k/year usage? Thanks.

I bought mine a year ago but I believe that the prices are about the same:

The service schedule for your vehicle is every 2 years / 18000 miles, whichever comes sooner. The plans available are as follows:

2 Year 1 Service - £239
Includes convenience check at 12 months, first service at 2 years or 18000 miles, brake fluid change at 2 years plus 12 months roadside assistance to be added by the dealer at the convenience check and first service.

Thanks for that.
Puma ST Line Vignale 125, DAP Magnetic
Mike

Post by Mike »

just booked mine in for its check and ford assist renewal, gave the dealer the reg and he confirmed he had the details of the service plan.
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )