Puma delayed again

All Ford Puma related discussions
gordjock

Post by gordjock »

Update from dealer today saying another delay, car is built but no transport. Original delivery 1st October now looking at December 11th. Factory stops all building and transports on 18th December so im starting to think NO car this year. Dealer also saying new orders are being estimated at March/April deliveries.
ST-Line X, 155, Frozen White, Pano Roof, Drivers Pack, Winter Pack and 19" Wheels.

Deleted User 135

Post by Deleted User 135 »

Its madness,i sympathise with you completely,this semi conducter crisis has been a shit to loads of people,delays to people such as yourself and out of reach for people such as myself who were looking at buying one before used prices went stupidly high,good luck on getting your car
Vendee

Post by Vendee »

gordjock wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:15 pm Update from dealer today saying another delay, car is built but no transport. Original delivery 1st October now looking at December 11th. Factory stops all building and transports on 18th December so im starting to think NO car this year. Dealer also saying new orders are being estimated at March/April deliveries.
ST-Line X, 155, Frozen White, Pano Roof, Drivers Pack, Winter Pack and 19" Wheels.
I think if your car really is built then you should get it this year. Its the dishonesty from the dealers and distributers that really pees me off. I'd rather they said that they don't know when the car will be delivered, rather than pushing it back a month, every month. They are just making those dates up because they are not based on real facts or data. I've also got a mid December date but I think I ordered a few weeks after you so I'm expecting that date to slip.....yet again.
Puma ST Line Vignale 125, DAP Magnetic
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

I posted in the other thread on delivery dates.....My dealer is gagging for me to trade mine in for a new one, they reckon that if ordered now it would be an April delivery.
Make of it what you will... :!: :!:
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
PoliteKaren

Post by PoliteKaren »

gordjock wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:15 pm Update from dealer today saying another delay, car is built but no transport. Original delivery 1st October now looking at December 11th. Factory stops all building and transports on 18th December so im starting to think NO car this year. Dealer also saying new orders are being estimated at March/April deliveries.
It must be a bonus to get updates from dealers !!!! My partner ordered her Puma ST Line X (magnetic grey) in September on the Motability Scheme, with a said delivery date of (mid-late) December. Not heard a thing from the dealer, so yesterday I decided to give them a call for an update. Was tried to be fobbed off and told someone would call me back this week (was'nt having that). I insisted that I spoke to someone, and miraculously one of the sales team became available. After explaining we had'nt had one call, e-mail, update or nothing, after confirming our order details, he looked on his screen......... NOTHING, no build date, no nothing, and tried to tell me it was Ford's fault that the dealers are not kept updated. I was also conveniently told.... that delivery time was now looking to be likely Jan/Feb 22. I'm really unsure what to do???? No point of canceling order and going to another dealer just to start all over again. At the moment I'm running her everywhere and anywhere she needs to be, but that's not the point. I think the dealers have got us new car buyers by the Bo**ox, as they know if we cancel, they can still quite easy sell the car. (Just Saying). :evil:
Spoonface

Post by Spoonface »

Same as @PoliteKaren with updates. Spoke to dealership a couple of weeks ago and no update on system so not expecting to see mine in 2021 (September order). Suspect Jan / Feb we'll start to see a lot more on the road when all of these orders get built and shipped over.
Hers: ST-Line Design Frozen White | His: ST-Line Grey Matter
PoliteKaren

Post by PoliteKaren »

Spoonface wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:36 am Same as @PoliteKaren with updates. Spoke to dealership a couple of weeks ago and no update on system so not expecting to see mine in 2021 (September order). Suspect Jan / Feb we'll start to see a lot more on the road when all of these orders get built and shipped over.
Spoke to the dealer again yesterday. He informed me that after looking on the system, that early August orders are not showing a build date yet :shock: and that also, after the build date, it will be another 4 to 5 weeks before delivery. So yeh!!! looks like it will be Jan/Feb at the earliest. :roll:
Vendee

Post by Vendee »

Build dates mean nothing. Back in August I had a build date of 3rd September. Now my build date is supposedly early November......... its all made up. I was told in August that my car had a VIN and my dealer says it still has the same VIN but as the VIN incorporates month and year of build, how can a VIN issued in August still be valid in November...... assuming it does actually get built in November. I'm not holding my breath.
Puma ST Line Vignale 125, DAP Magnetic
Spoonface

Post by Spoonface »

Vendee wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:16 am Build dates mean nothing. Back in August I had a build date of 3rd September. Now my build date is supposedly early November......... its all made up. I was told in August that my car had a VIN and my dealer says it still has the same VIN but as the VIN incorporates month and year of build, how can a VIN issued in August still be valid in November...... assuming it does actually get built in November. I'm not holding my breath.
I've just been told there were no builds in October, but they have scheduled the first 2 weeks of November. Mine isn't on that but yours might be if that's what dealership have told you so might get yours in December.. fingers crossed.

Was also told that will shortly be scheduling the 2nd week of November and first 2 weeks of December, but builds in those windows we won't see until next year
Hers: ST-Line Design Frozen White | His: ST-Line Grey Matter
Deleted User 762

Post by Deleted User 762 »

I've ordered a Puma ST (last week) to replace my ST-Line X and was given 3 to 6 months wait time. Feel your pain :-(