Rear disc brake failed

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Deleted User 702

Post by Deleted User 702 »

Dealer did a rolling brake test and advised that braking performance was "within tolerance" for rear brakes. But acknowledged there appeared to be an issue. He reckoned that on occasion the pads don't contain sufficient "cleaning agent" to polish the discs. So will replace rear discs and pads and investigate calipers for issues. Booked in for remedial works Wednesday. I have to say I was very pleased with how they handled the complaint.

Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Good news. I'm on it now. Gonna rinse the warranty for all it's worth.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

JFDIT, who is your dealer if you don't mind.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Deleted User 702

I'll let you know after they've replaced the discs!
STer

Post by STer »

JFDIT wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:45 pm Dealer did a rolling brake test and advised that braking performance was "within tolerance" for rear brakes. But acknowledged there appeared to be an issue. He reckoned that on occasion the pads don't contain sufficient "cleaning agent" to polish the discs. So will replace rear discs and pads and investigate calipers for issues. Booked in for remedial works Wednesday. I have to say I was very pleased with how they handled the complaint.
As good a result as could be expected. Hope all works out fine. You need some good fortune after all the grief you've had thus far.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Good result,
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
Deleted User 702

Seacroft Ford Mablethorpe have given me 5* service and replaced the rear discs and pads as promised.
On the journey home I felt the difference in normal braking was noticeably stronger. But I appreciate this is my view and I clearly cannot prove it. But previously the handbrake came up two notches from new. It was the same with or without the foot brake applied. Now without foot brake applied, the same, two notches but with foot brake applied it easily comes up five notches. Can only assume the pads were binding in the callipers somehow. Regardless I'm very pleased and thankful decent dealerships still exist.
Smartin

Post by Smartin »

Cue everyone looking up where Seacroft Ford Mablethorpe are compared to their own useless dealer :lol:
Deleted User 702

Oh, and the brake creaking noises when coming to a standstill, or with the handbrake applied when getting in and out of the back seats, have gone as well. It's like a different car! Deep joy.
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

43D813C2-D2F3-48E8-BC09-C9630C449A12.jpeg

How do these look to you guys? The fronts seem quite smooth by comparison although they do tend to rust quickly.

9C04D0D3-D51C-446B-A3E1-10E6BE224A61.jpeg

Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.