New member looking to buy

All Ford Puma related discussions
Yokomoko

Post by Yokomoko »

Ali7487 wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:04 pm Im looking at non hybrid puma titanium s,due to the incredible spec on them,the have everything including power tailgate,driver assist pack and comfort pack,not sure what to do ,do I get a non hyrid with loads of spec or buy a hybrid with nothing on it?
Make sure you know what spec you're missing out on. Does one of the packs bring back the wireless charging that they recently removed from the Titanium?
2020 Puma ST Performance

Mean Green - Driver Assistance Pack - Panoramic Sunroof - Powerlift Tailgate - Performance Pack

Deleted User 135

Post by Deleted User 135 »

Omg they removed that 😭, after the first editions they stripped the titanium bare of everything, even have to pay extra for the comfort pack ffs,thats why i wont get a new one,would cost me thousands to get the puma up to the spec of my fiesta
cianpars

Post by cianpars »

Finally bit the bullet and pulled the trigger on a Puma 125 MHEV ST line X in solar silver with the winter pack. In stock, paperwork done and picking it up on the weekend.

Looking forward to my first drive and setting everything up, pairing the phone and familiarising myself with Sync 3 and whatever apps work, etc

Can anyone explain a bit more about what the driving modes do do other than altering the amount of regenerative braking and application of of electrical power?

20210609_141523.jpg

Mike

Post by Mike »

You press the button 3 times to get to the good bit👍

What do you get in the winter pack?
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
cianpars

Post by cianpars »

Hi Mike, I pressed the button 3 times on the test frive and it felt good. The winter park is just heated seats and steering wheel.
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Sport mode is brilliant. Yes it disengages stop start but the drive and response from the car is so much better.

I’ve tried Eco too and on the right type of run it seems ok. Basically it just reduces the throttle response though and can seem as if the car has gone a bit squidgy.

Not really used Trail or Slippery yet.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
Deleted User 229

Post by Deleted User 229 »

cianpars wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:15 pm Hi Mike, I pressed the button 3 times on the test frive and it felt good. The winter park is just heated seats and steering wheel.

The heated steering wheel is great and I used it all the time last winter. Nice toasty fingers but a warm bum not so much :D It was called the comfort pack when I bought mine.
cianpars

Post by cianpars »

Yeah, they changed the comfort pack to the winter pack and the technology pack 2 the driver assistance pack I believe.

Electric winscreen, rear screen, seats, steeeing wheel, aircon, wipers and lights all used in winter can give your battery a hammering though, particularly when the cold weather is not good for batteries.

Definitely worth giving it an overnight trickle charge occasionally over the winter months if you don't use the car a lot. I've not had to replace a car battery in 40 years as a result of this strategy.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Stoopo wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:25 pm Sport mode is brilliant. Yes it disengages stop start but the drive and response from the car is so much better.

I’ve tried Eco too and on the right type of run it seems ok. Basically it just reduces the throttle response though and can seem as if the car has gone a bit squidgy.

Not really used Trail or Slippery yet.
Eco mode shuts down one of the cylinders so you are travelling with a two cylinder engine so saving fuel.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Tried slippery mode a couple of times in freezing temperatures and some snow. The car responded well, no skids or wheel spin. definitely a confidence builder.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.