Upvc windows

The place to discuss everything else..
Mike

Post by Mike »

Anyone had new windows fitted recently, if so which company did you use and were they any good?

Also anyone noticed big price hikes .
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

I have. I used a local company though, so they won't be much use to yourself. I found the prices were OK, that said I hadn't had any fitted for 20 years, so had nothing to compare them with.
They didn't give the cheapest quote, but, I looked them up on Checkatrade and asked around locally and they came out top. I'd say you would find it cheaper than the nationals to stay local.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

We had new ones last year. 3 bed detached with a garage conversion so 9 windows in all. £3300.

We had a quote from a local fitter who is excellent but in the end was too busy. He said he only uses Rehau frames as they are the best. In the end we used Minster Windows who use the same frames. They are excellent quality. Whoever you use check if they use Rehau. I cannot fault them.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Next door had the local fitter fit there’s and they are exactly the same windows. He’s happy too.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Just quoted for 2 x 6 window bays and another window using rehau between 8 - 10 inc vat.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Stoopo wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:57 am We had new ones last year. 3 bed detached with a garage conversion so 9 windows in all. £3300.

We had a quote from a local fitter who is excellent but in the end was too busy. He said he only uses Rehau frames as they are the best. In the end we used Minster Windows who use the same frames. They are excellent quality. Whoever you use check if they use Rehau. I cannot fault them.
Minster windows, are they based in York?
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Mike wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:46 pm
Stoopo wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:57 am We had new ones last year. 3 bed detached with a garage conversion so 9 windows in all. £3300.

Minster windows, are they based in York?
Yes. Not sure how far they travel.
paulcurtis

Post by paulcurtis »

Like others have said, I used a small man (and I don't mean under 5' 6"). It's always cheaper because there is no commission being skimmed off, if you have a problem you don't need to talk to customer services umpteen times, and you are financing the local economy.

It's a win-win.
2020 Puma ST-Line X Vignale 1.0L Ecoboost 125PS 7 Speed Auto - Black
Mike

Post by Mike »

paulcurtis wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:16 pm Like others have said, I used a small man (and I don't mean under 5' 6"). It's always cheaper because there is no commission being skimmed off, if you have a problem you don't need to talk to customer services umpteen times, and you are financing the local economy.

It's a win-win.
Have used small companies in past, not always great either, find that can be equally as difficult to get back if there are any problems.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Thanks for all your input,