Puma facelift

All Ford Puma related discussions
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Been checking out some Puma alternatives for our next car. There is plenty of ordinary stuff but Hyundai have released a new model called the Bayon. It looks very good with similar specs to the Puma and it's competitively priced. I like the Puma though and am wondering when a facelift is due. Our model is almost two years old so an upgrade might be due soon. I would delay a decision on a replacement on that basis. Anyone heard any rumours from the trade or perhaps from Ford employees.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

The Bayon is a good looking car and a bargain compared to the Puma pricing. I don't think it will match on performance though (no sport mode!! :o )
Nothing for the Puma on the horizon AFAIK, but, when Sync 4 gets the roll out across the fleet the infotainment system will increase in size and that shouldn't be too long.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

I would think that the pandemic and massive production slow downs would delay any potential facelift. No point re tooling so soon.

I do quite like the look of the facelifted Arona though. Sharpened interior, 7spd dsg 150ps. I'd be happy with that.
Pawprint66

Post by Pawprint66 »

Don't know about a facelift yet but there is a media campaign on the limited run special ST due later in the year. Details such as paint, interior trim, decals and even the name can be chosen in a poll apparently.To be revealed June 18th and sold later in the year.
2020 Puma ST - Line X First Edition - 125 mHEV - Race Red - (Released back into the wild)
2023 Puma ST - Frozen White - Driver Assistance Pack & Powered Tailgate - Machined Magnetite Wheels
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

The monthly sales figures are out for May and the Puma is doing well. After almost ten years at number one the Fiesta is not doing so good. VW and Mercedes were above the Fiesta as was the Corsa. I'm thinking the Fiesta is due for a revamp and this could lead to improvements to the Puma. Design doesn't stand still and all the car makers have to keep up so I'm expecting something in the next six to twelve months. Maybe an all electric Puma for starters.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Deleted User 229

Post by Deleted User 229 »

4FDA47BE-3033-4546-B296-11B9EC8EF2EF.png

Deleted User 1154

Post by Deleted User 1154 »

Lets hope when it dose get a facelift they dont take more stuff off it and make stuff standard,its like the fiesta facelift they took the folding mirrors off and you cant buy a new one with a panoramic roof now,mine has both,needless to say i wont be buying another fiesta because of those two things missing
Benmnk

Post by Benmnk »

Ali7487 wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:55 pm Lets hope when it dose get a facelift they dont take more stuff off it and make stuff standard,its like the fiesta facelift they took the folding mirrors off and you cant buy a new one with a panoramic roof now,mine has both,needless to say i wont be buying another fiesta because of those two things missing
No pano roof or folding mirrors full stop on the new fiesta? Not even as an option? Wonder if it’s temporary for chip shortage reasons that’s really poor and a huge step backwards
Puma ST - Grey Matter
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

The Puma has been slowly stripped of so much they had to launch the 'Design' and then up the option costs for the other models.
My dealership is desperate to get my Puma and have me order another. Apart from the ridiculous lead time (I have no patience) they can't give me the same spec as I now have. The closest would be a Vignale and I'm not keen on the interior of that.
So for the facelift, it might be a good idea just to make the Puma with the original specs....That would make a change. ;)
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
alanp

Post by alanp »

They may introduce the facelift when the electric puma arrives, unless they have that as a standalone model..
St line x 1st edition, it has nearly everything