Little Things That P Me Off About The Puma

All Ford Puma related discussions
paulcurtis

Post by paulcurtis »

My last car was a Skoda Fabia. It was comparatively cheap, and wasn't very exciting, but it did have a few things that I miss:

A few little cubby holes, storage areas, to put small bits and bobs.
A piddling pen holder - plastic clip - in the glove box. There is a very inconvenient one on the centre console of the Puma.
Vented aircon air to the glove box - variable - to keep some items cold.
A centre arm rest that you can actually use without being 6' 4"
A strap that dangles down from the boot lid so my wife doesn't have to jump to reach the hold.

It's a pity Ford didn't incorporate any of these very cheap mods.
2020 Puma ST-Line X Vignale 1.0L Ecoboost 125PS 7 Speed Auto - Black

Deleted User 361

Post by Deleted User 361 »

“ A piddling pen holder - plastic clip - in the glove box. There is a very inconvenient one on the centre console of the Puma.”

I wondered what that thing was for, didn’t even think of pen holder
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

I also miss the little storage box to the right of the steering wheel that was in the Fiesta. The armrest is useless in the Puma (it's the same as the Fiesta) I've been looking for a third party solution.
The pen holder was handy, I had my tyre pressure gauge in there. Now I have to search in what has become a big box of junk.
I don't miss a strap on the boot lid, that's been solved with the push button.... :D
I'm sure I'll think of others during the day, now that you've mentioned it....
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Supertramp

Post by Supertramp »

I agree with all the comments but it is still a beautiful car - it always get noticed on the road I suppose we will never get everything we want off Ford, had mine nearly a year now still love it.
Seth

Post by Seth »

Sparks wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 7:55 am The armrest is useless in the Puma (it's the same as the Fiesta) I've been looking for a third party solution.
Because it is too low? Maybe put something between body and lid to make it higher?
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Got to admit Ford's easy fuel is their best helping hand. Can't believe other manufacturers haven't jumped on this.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Seth wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 10:23 am
Sparks wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 7:55 am The armrest is useless in the Puma (it's the same as the Fiesta) I've been looking for a third party solution.
Because it is too low? Maybe put something between body and lid to make it higher?
Because it's too far back primarily.
There are These:- https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/373584929280 ... %3A2047675
And These:- https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/402847544834 ... %3A2047675
But not sure.... :?
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
JackTheLad87

Post by JackTheLad87 »

Totally agree about the armrest. Much better on the Kuga. No sunglasses holder too. Or electronic hand brake. Boot strap doesn’t bother me, as have the powered tailgate so button press or foot swipe closes it. It should have a proper hill start assist too rather than the weird halfway version it has
Jack. 32. South East London. Ford Puma ST Line X First Edition: Desert Island Blue.
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

I hear what everyone is saying...yes a few thing could be better for sure. But hey it has a real handbrake. Thank the Lord for that. Nothing worse than a piddly little electronic switch. Something to go wrong and so easy to forget to use. My second car is a Fiat 500x that has an electronic handbrake. Unless you set up auto brake on and in settings, forget to flick the handbrake switch when you park up on a slope the car will roll away on it's own. With ignition off the switch then doesn't work and by then we'll guess what it's too late. Give me proper handbrake everyday.
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Does the hand brake not apply itself if you switch off without setting it?

My mate is always going on about not touching his handbrake in years. Auto hold when in use and auto applies the park brake when he shuts down.