Upvc windows

The place to discuss everything else..
Mike
Posts: 408
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:15 pm
Location: North East

Upvc windows

Post by Mike » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:29 pm

Anyone had new windows fitted recently, if so which company did you use and were they any good?

Also anyone noticed big price hikes .
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack

User avatar
Sparks
Posts: 1227
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:40 pm
Location: Warwickshire

Re: Upvc windows

Post by Sparks » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:14 pm

I have. I used a local company though, so they won't be much use to yourself. I found the prices were OK, that said I hadn't had any fitted for 20 years, so had nothing to compare them with.
They didn't give the cheapest quote, but, I looked them up on Checkatrade and asked around locally and they came out top. I'd say you would find it cheaper than the nationals to stay local.
Ford Puma ST-Line X First Edition (Manual)...Frozen White.

Stoopo
Posts: 170
Joined: Mon May 03, 2021 12:50 pm
Location: York

Re: Upvc windows

Post by Stoopo » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:57 am

We had new ones last year. 3 bed detached with a garage conversion so 9 windows in all. £3300.

We had a quote from a local fitter who is excellent but in the end was too busy. He said he only uses Rehau frames as they are the best. In the end we used Minster Windows who use the same frames. They are excellent quality. Whoever you use check if they use Rehau. I cannot fault them.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.

Stoopo
Posts: 170
Joined: Mon May 03, 2021 12:50 pm
Location: York

Re: Upvc windows

Post by Stoopo » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:59 am

Next door had the local fitter fit there’s and they are exactly the same windows. He’s happy too.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.

Mike
Posts: 408
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:15 pm
Location: North East

Re: Upvc windows

Post by Mike » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:11 pm

Just quoted for 2 x 6 window bays and another window using rehau between 8 - 10 inc vat.
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack

Mike
Posts: 408
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:15 pm
Location: North East

Re: Upvc windows

Post by Mike » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:46 pm

Stoopo wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:57 am
We had new ones last year. 3 bed detached with a garage conversion so 9 windows in all. £3300.

We had a quote from a local fitter who is excellent but in the end was too busy. He said he only uses Rehau frames as they are the best. In the end we used Minster Windows who use the same frames. They are excellent quality. Whoever you use check if they use Rehau. I cannot fault them.
Minster windows, are they based in York?
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack

Stoopo
Posts: 170
Joined: Mon May 03, 2021 12:50 pm
Location: York

Re: Upvc windows

Post by Stoopo » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:00 pm

Mike wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:46 pm
Stoopo wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:57 am
We had new ones last year. 3 bed detached with a garage conversion so 9 windows in all. £3300.

We had a quote from a local fitter who is excellent but in the end was too busy. He said he only uses Rehau frames as they are the best. In the end we used Minster Windows who use the same frames. They are excellent quality. Whoever you use check if they use Rehau. I cannot fault them.
Minster windows, are they based in York?
Yes. Not sure how far they travel.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.

paulcurtis
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:02 pm

Re: Upvc windows

Post by paulcurtis » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:16 pm

Like others have said, I used a small man (and I don't mean under 5' 6"). It's always cheaper because there is no commission being skimmed off, if you have a problem you don't need to talk to customer services umpteen times, and you are financing the local economy.

It's a win-win.
2020 Puma ST-Line X Vignale 1.0L Ecoboost 125PS 7 Speed Auto - Black

Mike
Posts: 408
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:15 pm
Location: North East

Re: Upvc windows

Post by Mike » Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:11 pm

paulcurtis wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:16 pm
Like others have said, I used a small man (and I don't mean under 5' 6"). It's always cheaper because there is no commission being skimmed off, if you have a problem you don't need to talk to customer services umpteen times, and you are financing the local economy.

It's a win-win.
Have used small companies in past, not always great either, find that can be equally as difficult to get back if there are any problems.
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack

Mike
Posts: 408
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:15 pm
Location: North East

Re: Upvc windows

Post by Mike » Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:12 pm

Thanks for all your input,
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack

Post Reply