Ecoboost engine

The place to discuss everything else..
alanp

Post by alanp »

Watching Mike brewers cars to avoid, he mentioned any ford with an ecoboost engine, now I know the early ones had problems with the degas pipes corroding but, isn’t this all sorted now? I’m on my third ecoboost powered car and have had no problems, granted they were all under warranty but still, I’ve also read on other motoring forums that the ecoboost should be avoided is this fair..? or is there some justification in people being wary of this engine…?
St line x 1st edition, it has nearly everything

Deleted User 624

Post by Deleted User 624 »

Was he not talking about the Ecoboost engines on Ford of America trucks. I do seem to remember reading something about problems with the large engines. The ecoboost engines in our cars as far as I know are very reliable and known for it!
Deleted User 135

Post by Deleted User 135 »

Im on my second ecoboost,I had a 125 bhp in my focus titanium x,drove bloody lovely,sounded like a bigger car,only reason I didnt keep it because it got smashed up and written off by a hit and run,my fiesta is a titanium b and o play edition with 100bhp,I notice the differance,the puma weighs less than the mk3 focus I had somim sure its quite nippy,I will love my puma when I eventually get one,when I first bought the focus I looked under the bonnet to see if the degas hose had been done,also checked the fiesta,I have had the fiesta for over 2 years and have had absolutely no problems at all,its been brilliant,its only finance thats stopping me getting a puma at the moment
Mike

Post by Mike »

Cousin has an early ecoboost with over 6ok on it and no problems,
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

I had an 09 Fiesta with ecoboost for 9 years and it needed nothing more than it's services in all that time.
I doubt Mike Brewer was talking about that particular engine, if he was, I'm not sure I'd listen to anything else he had to say. ;)
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
alanp

Post by alanp »

Well, asI understood it he was talking about uk cars, , some other motoring forums also advise people to avoid ecoboost engines, they say the trade is wary of them…
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Which ecoboost? The 1.0, 1.5, 1.6, 2.0 or 2.3 there's thousands of them knocking about. The 2.3 had head gasket issues. That's all I know of. I've had ecoboosts for 7 years now.
PaulD

Post by PaulD »

i'm on my thirth ecoboost engine , never had any problems
Ford Puma St-Line X first edition full options
..... Desert Island Blue.....
alanp

Post by alanp »

Yes I’m on my third one too, no probs at all engine wise, so it seems that ,the early issues with the degas pipes has tarnished the engine forever…
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Millions sold, so, millions on the second hand market.....There were problems with some engines built prior to 2014, but AFAIK that was mainly a hose problem.. However, in relation to the amount in use the numbers of failures wasn't that big.
Seems Brewer is saying 'Don't buy a second hand Ford'. Makes no sense... :o
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.