Ford Assist

The place to discuss everything else..
Deleted User 361

Post by Deleted User 361 »

Wdf76 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:47 am
tonyt2021 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:38 am The email I got with my service plan documents says "Plus, additional Ford Roadside Assistance to be applied at the time of the inspection and first service by the dealer"
'participating dealer'
That’s the thing though, none of my service plan paperwork mentions “participating dealer”

Will see what happens in November when the inspection is due

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Doesn't help that they don't put it into the paper work....This is from the Ford UK website...

Web capture_10-4-2021_104031_www.ford.co.uk.jpeg

Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Deleted User 361

Sparks wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:41 am Doesn't help that they don't put it into the paper work....This is from the Ford UK website...
Oh well. Will just change dealers (there’s another less than 10 miles away who are participating) if they change their mind about it when I book.
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Sparks wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:00 am Yes, however this is Fords fault, if they are going to run a promotion it should be all dealers. Does this mean that it's a cost to the dealer? I would have thought not.
I was told by my dealer that extending assist is at their expense. Not Ford.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

tonyt2021 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:51 am
Sparks wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:41 am Doesn't help that they don't put it into the paper work....This is from the Ford UK website...
Oh well. Will just change dealers (there’s another less than 10 miles away who are participating) if they change their mind about it when I book.
You are lucky, some don't have another dealer within a decent range. I'm in the same position and would change in a heartbeat if I was being short changed.
I realise that it's a nice bonus of owning a Ford, but, they put it there to sell cars and having bought one I see it as an entitlement whilst it's there.... :D
Deleted User 361

The more I think about it I think Ford "including" assist in the service plan at the dealers cost says more about Ford than the dealer

For the convenience of using my nearest dealer I'll probably just cough up the £20 for the assist renewal rather than fall out about it (it's a lot cheaper than AA/RAC)
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

The check itself is just that, check fluids, tyre pressures and a few more bits. Nobody would do it without the Ford Assist extension which is serviced by the AA. An alternative is Green Flag for around £45.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

The good thing about FA is you get the full service....Things like home start etc are all addons with the others, which increases the price quite considerably.
While it lasts, it's a good product.
Mike

Post by Mike »

A bit naughty, you would think all dealers would be included, mind neither of the dealers I had contact with before purchasing even mentioned convenience check or Ford assist?
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

With mine coming up just short of it being one year old I called my Franchise today (Gates) and took out their Service plan. It worked out cheaper for me monthly to pay for the upcoming convenience check then to include it in the plan.

To be honest, having only done just over 2000 miles I think the check is pretty pointless but as has been pointed out, it extends my Ford assist so is a no brainer. I may use it as an opportunity to ask for any updates to be installed.

That’s me sorted until 2024 for service and MOT’s - plus its transferable/refundable if needs be.
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,