Ford Assist

The place to discuss everything else..
Deleted User 361

Post by Deleted User 361 »

Was wondering what people’s experience of Ford Assist vs being an RAC/AA/Whatever member is like please

My current RAC cover expires in a few months and was thinking to just let it expire and rely on Ford Assist (and spend the money saved to have a convenience check in November to extend the Ford Assist cover)

Any thoughts please?

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Ford assist is the AA so it's fine... I had full RAC membership until I started buying new fords 3/4 years ago then moved to Ford Assist as it's free.... :D
You can call the RAC and keep your membership running if you have built up any perks/years, it costs £5 per year. Then, after your 2 years with Ford assist you could go back.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Deleted User 361

Thanks. This was my 1st year with RAC (this time around) as I’ve always flipped RAC/AA each renewal
alanp

Post by alanp »

Only had to call them once ( jinxed it !,) my fiesta wouldn’t start and AA came out, car had to be towed to garage, hire car sorted within the hour, as said , just make a once a year payment to keep your breakdown membership if you want, but Ford assist is worth it imo
St line x 1st edition, it has nearly everything
Mike

Post by Mike »

I have frozen my AA cover and bought the service pack for £239 which includes a convenience check and Ford assist renewal, then a service and Ford assist renewal again so no brainier since my AA cover was £70 / year.
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
Deleted User 361

Thanks. Will take a look at the service pack as my dealer isn’t on the list of dealers who provide free Ford assist renewal with a service etc. (Have emailed them for clarity)
Deleted User 361

Have purchased a service plan. Cost wise it's a no brainer as you say. thanks.
Mike

Post by Mike »

I was quoted 49.99 for the check and 299 for the service
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
Deleted User 361

Having a bit of trouble over the Ford Assist part of the service plan

Dealer says they'll be charging £20 to renew the assist each time (so £40 over the 2 years) - not bothered at the cost tbh, but it's a matter of principal

They also commented "We have had a look at your coverage, it only covers 2 services. Unfortunately it does not cover an extension of the Ford assist."

The email from Ford Service Plan makes no mention of this and says the dealer will renew the Ford Assist at the inspection and service

Have asked Dealer to confirm their position and will then contact Ford directly for their take on the situation
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

The renewal is free with the one year optional inspection, I've never been charged for a renewal.
Phone another dealer and ask them. The T&C's state that it's only at participating dealers, but not heard of one that isn't.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.