Ford Assist

The place to discuss everything else..
Deleted User 361

Post by Deleted User 361 »

Unfortunately my Dealer doesn't participate in the scheme for free ford assist when you have a service

But I feel that under the terms of the service plan I purchased I should be getting the ford assist renewed at no cost (I see no exclusion about participating dealers in the service plan T&C's they sent me)

The Dealer is really convenient to me so would rather stay with them, but will make a decision after speaking to Ford. I know another dealer that does it for free, so that's an option.

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Tell your dealer that you are going to the other dealer if he can't match the free renewal.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Deleted User 361

Sparks wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:47 am Tell your dealer that you are going to the other dealer if he can't match the free renewal.
Have already asked them if it means I need to change dealers. Will wait for their next reply and take it from there. Thanks
Deleted User 361

Seems to be agreed that they'll do it now. Will remind them when the inspection becomes due, at time of booking, and can always switch dealers if they don't honour what they've said
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

All a bit of a mess. Ford should issue a directive on this. Some dealers do, some don't, some charge £114 for the convenience service and then TC Harrison charge £34.99. This fee includes the Assist renewal.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Ford assist renewal is at the discretion of the dealer unfortunately. Some offer it, some don't.

Most dealers will price match. Mine will. Ring round and see what you are offered.
Mike

Post by Mike »

I thought it was Ford who renewed Ford assist and covered that cost. If my dealer doesn’t do it when the time arrives I will just take to a dealer who will and since I took the service package out it won’t cost me anything extra
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
Deleted User 361

Mike wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:56 am I thought it was Ford who renewed Ford assist and covered that cost. If my dealer doesn’t do it when the time arrives I will just take to a dealer who will and since I took the service package out it won’t cost me anything extra
The email I got with my service plan documents says "Plus, additional Ford Roadside Assistance to be applied at the time of the inspection and first service by the dealer"
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

tonyt2021 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:38 am The email I got with my service plan documents says "Plus, additional Ford Roadside Assistance to be applied at the time of the inspection and first service by the dealer"
'participating dealer'
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Wdf76 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:47 am
tonyt2021 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:38 am The email I got with my service plan documents says "Plus, additional Ford Roadside Assistance to be applied at the time of the inspection and first service by the dealer"
'participating dealer'
Yes, however this is Fords fault, if they are going to run a promotion it should be all dealers. Does this mean that it's a cost to the dealer? I would have thought not.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.