Security

The place to discuss everything else..
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Gone in 36 seconds! A couple of days ago a report in the press of the theft of a new Ford Kuga. The thieves had a relay device in a laptop bag at the front door of the house and his mate at the car door. It took 36 seconds to steal the car. Can't believe it, I thought the security was bombproof after 40 seconds. The theft took place in the night at Brandhall, Midlands. There is a video on Birmingham live. The car is a 69 reg.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.

Mike

Post by Mike »

Thought the new keys wouldn't respond to such tricks after they weren't moved for a set time.
Just read again and guess 40 secs is the time it takes for your key shut down.
Scumbags

Best way i guess is a key cover or put them in a tin box at night or good old fashioned security device.
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

I've been using a Faraday bag, two for seven quid on Amazon and they work. I stood right beside the driver's door and could not open it with the key fob in the bag. Shouldn't be needed but I'll be sticking with the bag.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Just switch keyless off in vehicle setrings
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

It’s a shame that people have to suffer and not use nice/convenient/added options just because there are disgusting horrible thieving types out there.

My key lives in a faraday bag in the safe and I’ve got a steering lock as an added deterrent.....that and a big hole in the garden ready for any would be triers 😆
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

I doubt that the car had the new keys, which demonstrates why they were needed. AFAIK they weren't introduced until April/May 2019 and first fitted on Fiestas and Focus.
So, you needn't worry about your keys security, it still works well, which is one of the reasons the Puma insurance is cheap as chips. :D
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
PaulD

Post by PaulD »

Rizmo wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:54 pm Gone in 36 seconds! A couple of days ago a report in the press of the theft of a new Ford Kuga. The thieves had a relay device in a laptop bag at the front door of the house and his mate at the car door. It took 36 seconds to steal the car. Can't believe it, I thought the security was bombproof after 40 seconds. The theft took place in the night at Brandhall, Midlands. There is a video on Birmingham live. The car is a 69 reg.
That is one of the reasons my car is parkt about 200 feet from my house.
in front of a house where someone without a car lives.... she also keeps an eye out for me.
also its for the nabours , there are kids with bikes over all day ...
Ford Puma St-Line X first edition full options
..... Desert Island Blue.....