Car cleaning and valeting discussion

The place to discuss everything else..
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

Wdf76 wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:09 pm Spent 2hrs on the interior today. I've been putting it off coz I hate detailing interiors.
I used to hate interiors too.

Since deciding to do the exterior, interior and engine bay on different days, I seem to enjoy the process more.
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,

Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Mine was bad. An APC + shampoo job. I leave it too long, which of course makes more work, big catch 22.

The carpets are cheap and coarse, hard work to brush out. I'd like then to make it in sections that you could easily pop out.

Your post has reminded me to lift the bonnet, it's been a while.
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

A Henry vacuum and a selection of Vikan brushes makes carpets much easier - that and making sure only clean shoes are allowed in - and certainly no eating 😆
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

I found a pound coin and a Murray mint..... Winner winner.... 😄
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

NeilS wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:35 pm 😆
@Neil.

Bit of advice needed please.

Need some mixing spray bottles, which do you use? I have a couple of auto finesse pro bottles but I'm not impressed. I've found them weak around the thread.

I'm also after microfibres. I usually buy in bulk. I've tried a few and go through them pretty quickly. Do you have a go-to brand?

Thanks.
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

Spray bottles - I use (in the main) Carpro dilute. Not the cheapest but really good spray heads and useful dilution markings. I know most mixing bottles have dilution ratios but these ones are marked for water first then product to avoid foaming as opossed to product then water. https://www.slimsdetailing.co.uk/produc ... ing-bottle

I’ve also got some Detailed Online 1L bottles. Again no issues with leaks and decent heads. Dilution markings are the latter of the two above. Decently priced too.

I’m also toying with the idea of reusing suitable empty cleaned out bottles that came with premixed product. Whilst they won’t have dilution markings, this can be worked out/looked up.

If it’s general purpose cloths you’re after you can’t go wrong with Kirkland. 36 for around £30. Dual sided with a shorter pile and one plusher. The only annoyance is the large label on each one. Easily ripped off prior to use though.

If you want pictures of the bottles/cloths just let me know 👍🏻
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Thank you. All good info. I can search the items you recommend.

Reusing product bottles is a good shout. I've thought about buying detailer, tar remover, custom wheel cleaner etc in 5ltr volume and transferring what I need. Perhaps it works out cheaper. Need to price up the chems I go through most quickly.

Thanks pal.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

I find a small squirt of WD40 removes tar with ease... ;)
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

Wdf76 wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:39 pm Thank you. All good info. I can search the items you recommend.

Reusing product bottles is a good shout. I've thought about buying detailer, tar remover, custom wheel cleaner etc in 5ltr volume and transferring what I need. Perhaps it works out cheaper. Need to price up the chems I go through most quickly.

Thanks pal.
That’s what I do. I’ve a little label maker for my mixer bottles (sad I know) - unless I’ve already bought a smaller bottle. Then I buy in bulk and top up the original smaller bottle. Saying that, I still add a label to the spray heads so I can see at a glance what I’m picking up.

Kirkland can be bought from Amazon (and apparently Costco from what I’ve read).
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

Sparks wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:54 pm I find a small squirt of WD40 removes tar with ease... ;)

It can. I’ve even seen people talk about wiping panels with it to give it a shine 😆