Time to shine again.

18369E85-7C66-4FC2-BE72-F192859CF8AE.jpeg

5911E790-EC9D-4313-B975-E16FB52E1456.jpeg

1C2FE60E-D1BF-460D-86BC-C02588BB40A2.jpeg

Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,

Mike

Post by Mike »

Anyone used carbon collective stuff?
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
BjNtheBear

Post by BjNtheBear »

Thought I'd take advantage of the cooler weather yesterday and waxed the car using Simonize....boy what a mistake, this stuff grabs your cloth off you and slaps you across the chops, took me hours, never again, while the water repellency is great the tins heading for the bin.
Ordering some B&H DSW as seen auto express awards, looks much better for just a few pounds more. 😀
Ford Puma ST Line X 155 Desert Island Blue
Bluebrazil

Post by Bluebrazil »

Looking good Neil's what did you put on your tyres
ST line X Agate Black 20.25 :D
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

BjNtheBear wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:38 am Thought I'd take advantage of the cooler weather yesterday and waxed the car using Simonize....boy what a mistake, this stuff grabs your cloth off you and slaps you across the chops, took me hours, never again, while the water repellency is great the tins heading for the bin.
Ordering some B&H DSW as seen auto express awards, looks much better for just a few pounds more. 😀
If you’re talking about the old school original Simonez wax in the gold tin, it’s a good wax but a pain to buff off if left on for too long.

DSW is a great product (I’m sure I’ve said it before 😆). Easy to work in and buff off, leaves a lovely finish. Less is definitely the way forward when applying it. For the price, it can’t be beaten plus you get a nice applicator and microfibre cloth in with the price.
Bluebrazil wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:46 am Looking good Neil's what did you put on your tyres
Carpro PERL diluted 1:1, worked in with a foam tyre applicator and then buffed off. Leaves a nice finish. If you want a glossier look, you can either use neat, or apply and don’t buff or apply two coats. Not the most durable but as it’s water based and not silicone, there’s little to no sling and not slimy.
BjNtheBear

Post by BjNtheBear »

NeilS wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:06 pm
BjNtheBear wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:38 am
If you’re talking about the old school original Simonez wax in the gold tin, it’s a good wax but a pain to buff off if left on for too long.

DSW is a great product (I’m sure I’ve said it before 😆). Easy to work in and buff off, leaves a lovely finish. Less is definitely the way forward when applying it. For the price, it can’t be beaten plus you get a nice applicator and microfibre cloth in with the price.
Yep that's the one, picked it up in Tesco as it was on half price offer, doesn't leave much of a haze when doing small areas but it does let you know if you've missed a bit when buffing 😉 pretty new to the detailing world, used to be just a pressure wash then sponge/mitt with some wash'n'wax then maybe a wee buff up with the Mer.
I've been checking out a couple of vids on YouTube, guy called Specky McSporran from Aberdeen, very good and detailed comparison on different cleaning products, I'm building up a shopping list going through your detailing thread 😲😉😀👍
Ford Puma ST Line X 155 Desert Island Blue
Deleted User 361

Post by Deleted User 361 »

I’ve got some autoglym pre wash foam coming which I’m going to have a go with. If I get on with it I’ll try the other 2 foams
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

Specks is a good watch.

With tube videos, once they become established and have a good following it soon becomes apparent which brand sponsors and pays them to promote products.
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

tonyt2021 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:55 pm I’ve got some autoglym pre wash foam coming which I’m going to have a go with. If I get on with it I’ll try the other 2 foams
Polar blast is a nice thick foam but doesn’t really pack enough of a punch on a heavily soiled car with no protection on there. A spritz with an APC first and then foam over the top to help extend dwell time of the APC may help. On lightly soiled, it’s a treat.

Polar wash is great for speed but not in direct sunlight unless you apply it panel by panel as you do the contact wash/rinse or risk it drying out. In the winter, you can coat the entire car and just rinse your wash mitt out in a clean bucket or with your pressure lance.

Polar seal is lovely too, just don’t let it dry or over apply - and avoid direct contact with the windscreen.

If you’re using only the one snow cannon, rinse before each application and a proper rinse out after the polar seal as it can clog over time. Or have one for each like some 😇
Deleted User 361

Post by Deleted User 361 »

Thanks for the info/advise NeilS