Car cleaning and valeting discussion

The place to discuss everything else..
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

Posts moved.

If Ford think it’s difficult moving cars around, they should try herding the cats on here! 🙄
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Cutting.... :lol:
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

Honesty has always been a strong point of mine…that and politeness 😆😇
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Vendée, my Vignale's leather seats are perforated so any substance should probably not be getting inside those holes. Maybe they are there for breathing purposes, especially as the seat bases contain heating elements. Have you an views on this.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Vendee

Post by Vendee »

Rizmo wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:17 pm Vendée, my Vignale's leather seats are perforated so any substance should probably not be getting inside those holes. Maybe they are there for breathing purposes, especially as the seat bases contain heating elements. Have you an views on this.
As I said before, the Sensico on the recent Vignales is not leather... its a synthetic material. The Gtechniq protector I've bought is only a 100ml spray which is used sparingly. Spray on and wipe any excess with a microfibre. I'll let you know how I get on with it when the Puma arrives.
Puma ST Line Vignale 125, DAP Magnetic
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Vendee, thanks for that. I'll wait for your post before I take any action.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Vendee

Post by Vendee »

DesertIslandBlue wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:05 am
Probably should be in the car cleaning and valeting discussion thread but plus one for Bilt Hamber snow foam (all BH products I've used are great). Also tried GTechniq W4 snow foam which I thought was good, this is thicker than most and I got more washes per litre...
Well the Touchless snow foam arrived today along with some Surfex HD and BH Autowash shampoo. Like a little boy, I couldn't wait to try them out, even though its a bitterly cold 3 degree day out there. My Fiesta is frozen white or to be honest, it should be white. It hadn't been washed for about 3 weeks and it was manky. We live in the country and the roads are filthy at this time of year. The lower sides of the car were brown and the rear was a mucky grey colour from all the spray. When I bought my MJJC Pro 2 foam cannon a couple of months ago, I was keen to test it out so I made the mistake of buying some Autoglym Polar Blast snow foam from my local Halfords. I was so disappointed with it. I used it about 4 times over the past couple of months and it literally did nothing. There was no noticeable difference in the dirt after use.

So today I decided to do things in accordance with the BH instructions. I worked out the proper dilution ratio (PIR) for my foam lance and pressure washer. I applied the Touchless. Its a lot thinner than the Autoglym stuff but I was expecting that. The recommended contact time is about half that of the Autoglym. I couldn't see any dirt dripping off the car but after the recommended 5 minutes I started to pressure wash the foam off the car and that's when this stuff really blew my mind.

The dirt just fell off the car under the pressure washer nozzle. I regret now not taking some "before" photos but its because I wasn't expecting those results. I'm not suggesting that you could routinely skip your contact wash and just do the snow foam wash but do you know what.....? It was getting colder and my Fiesta was gleaming white again so my plans of trying out the Bilt Hamber Autowash shampoo were put on hold for another day. I did mix up some of the BH Surfex HD in a spray bottle to 10% dilution and tried them on the wheels and tyres. Again, just left to dwell and pressure washed off. Impressive results again. Really does need a going over with a wheel brush to be perfect but not bad for a quick winter clean. So to recap.... The Bilt Hamber Touchless is just sublime. I'm told that the BH Autofoam is just as good. The only reason I went for the slightly more expensive Touchless is that its a more recent product and BH must have launched it for a good reason.
Puma ST Line Vignale 125, DAP Magnetic
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

Todays little spruce up. Nothing special, just keeping on top during the winter months.

66612A83-B69E-43E6-AB79-F26793FE47D1.jpeg

62A0AEA1-D478-4172-B6AB-CDC88C3C3399.jpeg

559DFEA4-FAE8-4BA8-8C33-3C757D98EF5A.jpeg

Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

NeilS, what are you using to blank out your reg number so neatly.
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

I do it on my iPad with my Apple Pencil.