Car cleaning and valeting discussion

The place to discuss everything else..
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

Depending on how fussy you are.

The type of brush in your previous post runs the risk of causing light scratches to painted/gloss alloys - standard silver lacquered type are fine. If you wanted to go down a similar design, the EZ detail range are very good but pricey in comparison to others. Slightly softer, will last for ages but can still cause marring. The bristle design can cause splash back (no one likes that) but they are great at getting into tight barrels and shifting stubborn grime.

Super Resin Polish can help mask/fill any light marring to a degree (and then sealed in for added longevity)

For super softness and next to no risk of marring (as long as the wheels are pre rinsed and the brushes are rinsed too) are Wheel Wollies. Expensive but bomb proof. No metal parts and come in various sizes to fit different barrels/brake callipers etc. Better on well maintained alloys.

For a happy medium, look at the Meguiars Supreme microfibre wheel brush. Comes in both large and medium. I’ve got the medium. Soft, holds loads of suds and fits nicely in my 19” Puma alloys. Not overly expensive and sometimes on a deal at Amazon.

I have various brushes and wash mitts as all alloys and gaps are different.

Hope this helps.
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,

DesertIslandBlue

Post by DesertIslandBlue »

I need a new hose for my old Karcher pressure washer. Anyone tried alternatives or have a preference? Plenty of choices on eBay and Amazon but would like to hear of anyone’s experiences…
ST Line X mHEV 125 Desert Island Blue DAP+CP+HFPT
Deleted User 229

Post by Deleted User 229 »

DesertIslandBlue wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:50 pm I need a new hose for my old Karcher pressure washer. Anyone tried alternatives or have a preference? Plenty of choices on eBay and Amazon but would like to hear of anyone’s experiences…

If you mean the low pressure side that connects to the tap then anything should work. I have been using a very old flat hose about 30 years old and it works fine!
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

And if you’re referring to the high pressure hose, what model Karcher?

Are you looking for a direct replacement or a longer one? Some lower spec models don’t like longer hoses.
DesertIslandBlue

NeilS wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:37 pm And if you’re referring to the high pressure hose, what model Karcher?

Are you looking for a direct replacement or a longer one? Some lower spec models don’t like longer hoses.
Thanks Neil - I could have been a bit more specific (sorry) fingers engaged before brain!
It's the high pressure side for a K4 (would have to check the exact model but not home at the moment) with the black 'c' clip to the gun and M22 screw to the machine.
Currently 5m length but would like to go to 8m to save dragging the thing around the car...
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

I use this one on my K4. The original pony Karcher 6m one was too short and prone to twisting. I am sure they do ones with suitable attachments to fit your requirements, or you can buy conversion kits.

My K5 (yes I have two Karchers) came with a 10m hose as standard and is easier to unwind and more workable being able to leave the washer in situ.
S9TVB

Post by S9TVB »

Here's some pics of my desert island blue.
This is its first wash since I had it back in June. I was going to spend more time and products but just after using one (G3 Surface sealant) I decided it was enough.

20210825_111320.jpg

20210825_111336.jpg

20210825_111406.jpg

20210825_144533.jpg

2022 (72) PUMA ST AGATE BLACK
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

lovely job. really brings out that colour.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

Great job.
DesertIslandBlue

Good looking finish - consider posting a set in the Members Gallery/DIB names and pics