Car cleaning and valeting discussion

The place to discuss everything else..
AMS1969

Post by AMS1969 »

I’ll get one of those as well, I just find chamois leathers used to be better, but it could be that I’ve got to the stage where everything was better in the old days! 😂

NeilS

Post by NeilS »

Chamois were once the ‘must have’ accessory. Now they are frowned on by some due to the potential to cause marring as any debris has no where to go and gets dragged by the cloth.

I’m not sure of the technology behind the Instadry as this too has no pile but I’ve not had any concerns with it.

Chamois still have their place if you have some. Fine on glass and lower sills/door shuts to mop up any drips. Would then mean your drying cloths would be less prone to picking up contamination.
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,
AMS1969

Post by AMS1969 »

I did have an old faithful chamois leather but it eventually get to a stage where it was really too contaminated to use, I’m definitely investing in the new cloth though. Should I confess that I once used washing up liquid to clean the car… Will I get kicked off the forum 😂
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

We all make mistakes 😇

Don’t confess to still being a sponge user though….(unless in the bath of course, that’s ok)😆
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

NeilS, do you recommend Autoglym Interior shampoo for my Vignale seats and if so should it also be applied by cloth instead or direct spray.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

If it’s only for a spruce up on already clean(ish) seats then it’s ok. Don’t spray directly on to the seats, spray some onto a cloth or applicator and gently work it in. Wipe down with a lightly dampened microfibre afterward to remove any residue.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

No stains or scuffing on the front seats, rear seats have never been used. I may try a damp cloth to start with and go from there. Thanks for the tip.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

No problem. Damp cloth would work too. 👍🏻

If you’re looking for a multi use product to protect all sorts, look at Carpro Perl ( Plastic, Engine, rubber and leather)

Works really well on internal and external plastics, tyres and leather. Just needs diluting to suit each application.
AMS1969

Post by AMS1969 »

NeilS wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:18 pm We all make mistakes 😇

Don’t confess to still being a sponge user though….(unless in the bath of course, that’s ok)😆
Thanks for the help, just ordered the cleaning products and even added a car cleaning mit, that’s completely new idea to me, the sponge is for the bin!
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

Sponges are good for tyre dressings……cut up, use and throw out after a few uses.