Car cleaning and valeting discussion

The place to discuss everything else..
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

NeilS, I've been on Youtube looking at the latest twist loop drying towels which are impressive. There is also a mention of circle pipe towels although I haven't found any reviews yet.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.

Vendee

Post by Vendee »

Rizmo wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 9:18 am Vendee, that looks very nice. Same wheels as mine which I think are the best. Definitely the easiest to work on and they seem to stay cleaner longer.
Not sure I agree with you on the wheels. I find them a pain to clean properly. Too many spokes for my liking... I think I count 15 of them. Of course its all about how they look for most people. Perhaps they take their car down to the local car wash to get it cleaned :D
Puma ST Line Vignale 125, DAP Magnetic
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

Rizmo wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 9:37 am NeilS, I've been on Youtube looking at the latest twist loop drying towels which are impressive. There is also a mention of circle pipe towels although I haven't found any reviews yet.
Not come across those myself…..no doubt I’ll end up trying one but it’ll have to be something special to beat the twisted loop.

I’d have to also disagree on the wheels - from looking at them and seeing them in person, I I can tell you that they wouldn’t be easier than mine. I can get right into the barrels and behind the spokes with ease, even with my shovel sized hands.
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,
Daveybob77

Post by Daveybob77 »

Just bought one of the ones you recommended Neil. Waiting for it to be delivered. My Auto Finesse drying towel is a few years old now so I’ll see how it compares! Sounds like it should do the job though from what you’ve said! 👍🏼
ST line X, 155, Desert Island Blue.
Ordered: 14/01/22
Build date 20/04/22
Delivery date: 07/07/22
AMS1969

Post by AMS1969 »

Yep, I ordered one as well although not used yet - I wonder is Neil on commission with them 😂
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

I should have an affiliate Amazon link.

Old drying towels are good for using with drying aids to avoid spoiling your nice new one.

Hope you all enjoy.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Whats the best / easiest to use wheel cleaner, used to have some for my previois car but wasnt up to much, lately been cleaning with warm water but noticed the odd bit of brake dust/ metal build up starting so want to get on top of it before it drives me nuts.

Also any recommendations for wheel protection
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

Bilt Hamber Autowheels is what you need.

Wheel cleaner and fallout in one product. Wouldn’t use it neat on every wash though.

You can dilute it 1:1 and use it on a more regular basis on not so dirty wheels or if you have any protection on your wheels, a little APC and shampoo would do for maintenance washes.

Spray and rinse sealants offer good but short term protection - easy to apply and makes drying simple too.
Mike

Post by Mike »

NeilS wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 8:42 am Bilt Hamber Autowheels is what you need.

Wheel cleaner and fallout in one product. Wouldn’t use it neat on every wash though.

You can dilute it 1:1 and use it on a more regular basis on not so dirty wheels or if you have any protection on your wheels, a little APC and shampoo would do for maintenance washes.

Spray and rinse sealants offer good but short term protection - easy to apply and makes drying simple too.
Thanks, will get some ordered,
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

👍🏻

Spray, let it dwell then work in with a brush or mitt - works better than spray, wait and rinse.