Car cleaning and valeting discussion

The place to discuss everything else..
AMS1969

Post by AMS1969 »

Jaybee wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 2:05 pm
AMS1969 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 12:39 pm Thanks, I think it’s a trip back to Halfords for me! The whole sand storm on the car is becoming more a frequent event these days., I’m sure I don’t remember having to deal with baked on sand when I was younger. Sounds like getting it washed asap is the key. Next car might have to be a sandy beige colour!! 😂
I bought a snow foam lance and use my Karcher with Autoglym Polar Blast, and it works a treat as a pre-wash. Spray on (out of the sun), leave for 10 minutes, spray off. Simples
I think it’s time to invest in the snow foam lance - I’m biased as mine is the same colour but isn’t Magnetic grey a good looking colour in the sunshine!

Vendee

Post by Vendee »

AMS1969 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 4:16 pm
AMS1969 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 12:39 pm Thanks, I think it’s a trip back to Halfords for me! The whole sand storm on the car is becoming more a frequent event these days., I’m sure I don’t remember having to deal with baked on sand when I was younger. Sounds like getting it washed asap is the key. Next car might have to be a sandy beige colour!! 😂
I bought a snow foam lance and use my Karcher with Autoglym Polar Blast, and it works a treat as a pre-wash. Spray on (out of the sun), leave for 10 minutes, spray off. Simples
I think it’s time to invest in the snow foam lance - I’m biased as mine is the same colour but isn’t Magnetic grey a good looking colour in the sunshine!
I can recommend the MJJC Pro II foam lance. It comes with 2 orifices (ooh err missus) of different size, to facilitate good performance when using a lower output pressure washer. It also comes with a spare filter for when the original gets clogged up.
Puma ST Line Vignale 125, DAP Magnetic
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

I’ve bought various snow foam lances ranging in price and have had some surprising success with some cheaper ones.

I’ve heard some say that the MJJC can produce too dry a foam but it’s good to hear your feedback.

I have different cannons for my foam, contact wash shampoo (if applying by lance during the colder months) and sealants. Probably overkill but I don’t like to mix different stage products in the same bottles.
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

AMS1969 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 4:16 pm I think it’s time to invest in the snow foam lance - I’m biased as mine is the same colour but isn’t Magnetic grey a good looking colour in the sunshine!
It’s the best colour when clean 😇
Jaybee

Post by Jaybee »

AMS1969 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 4:16 pm
Sure is - the big bonus is that I didn't realise it looked as good as it does until I saw it in the sun, so was even more impressed. Definitely picked the right colour. Was torn between that and the red, so I let my other half's daughter pick the colour - she got it spot on!
Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 | Magnetic | DAP
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

A successful, therapeutic day of thoroughly cleaning, decontaminating, lightly polishing and finishing the Fiesta with a nice ceramic infused wax.

I have a new favourite purchase - a dual sided twisted loop drying towel. Makes all other drying towels (and I have many) seem pointless in comparison.

I’ve never dried a car as quick or as safe. It’s not to say my other towels are no good, it’s just this is in a league of its own. Whether it was pat drying, laying flat and dragging from the corners or the normal wipe method, it left the car as dry as the Sahara on the first pass. Worrying about water spots in the sun wasn’t even on my radar.

And of course the sun went in when the phone came out though 😆

975AEEB0-2205-4060-A2EE-E73E7BCFE80F.jpeg

6FE49D86-BB67-4D22-A703-1C5FEE9D8D2B.jpeg

And with its dirtier big brother

02D4F7CC-3EAF-4332-A50E-66B8D8D8500A.jpeg

sinlessUK

Post by sinlessUK »

Link to new towel ?
https://topcashback.co.uk/ref/simon | https://surfshark.club/friend/Fbv9yqHV | https://share.octopus.energy/flax-elm-797 | https://electroverse.octopus.energy/network/sign-up?referralCode=flax-elm-797 | https://app.tronity.io/signup/QJJDFDC6
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

Doh, after the big build up I knew I forgot something 😆

There’s loads out there at varying prices but ‘most’ are the same just rebranded.

This one was mentioned in a few YouTube videos so thought it worth a punt…….it’s so good I almost want to buy another just for the sake of it.

Depending on what sealant/drying aid etc I’m using, I’ll be relegating other drying towels accordingly.
Vendee

Post by Vendee »

Definitely a good day for car washing today. Pleasantly warm but not a lot of direct sunshine.
Wheels cleaned with BH Surfex HD then Autoglym Magna fallout remover, BH Touchless snowfoam followed by contact wash with BH Autowash shampoo. Then a top up spray of Gyeon Wet coat to make it glossy and give nice beading. Finally, towel dried.

Puma ST Line Vignale 125, DAP Magnetic
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Vendee, that looks very nice. Same wheels as mine which I think are the best. Definitely the easiest to work on and they seem to stay cleaner longer.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.