Car cleaning and valeting discussion

The place to discuss everything else..
asl3312

Post by asl3312 »

NeilS wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:43 pm A neglected specimen……

92712341-1325-40B6-B455-45BB2BDC5F82.jpeg9358B0F7-A3E5-4C24-8C33-13FECB434EDC.jpeg

Rectified……

D20E05B3-EE4B-4E68-884F-CE0C806F1505.jpegC6EFFA6D-37D3-4362-AF49-9F4E7C096BEA.jpeg5B56913B-A5C9-4A5E-A856-153C75B286BD.jpeg
The front wheels seem to get covered in brake dust easily..
***NOW SOLD*** 2020 ST Line X 7DCT Auto 125PS - Magnetic Grey - DAP - LED - HFPT - Panoramic Roof - 19" Alloys

excooperS

Post by excooperS »

Great job - interested to know about the tyre wall cleaning. Do you use a foam and, if so, how do you go about protecting your drive/road/pavement? My drive (tarmac) still showing the after effects of last winter's tyre treatment session. That said, the tyres look really great but I would just prefer the effects of the treatment not to linger on my drive for too long!
kevmond

Post by kevmond »

FYI: https://www.polishedpigs.co.uk/
They have good reviews, the £50 bundle looks a very good offer!
White ST with Performance pack.
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

excooperS wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:35 am Great job - interested to know about the tyre wall cleaning. Do you use a foam and, if so, how do you go about protecting your drive/road/pavement? My drive (tarmac) still showing the after effects of last winter's tyre treatment session. That said, the tyres look really great but I would just prefer the effects of the treatment not to linger on my drive for too long!
Cleaning, I use a suitably diluted APC, let it dwell, agitate and then rinse off - no issues with staining driveway. If anything, it’ll help clean it 😆

For the dressing, I currently using a water based product (as opposed to a gel containing silicones) ad apply with an applicator. I roll the car to get to ensure even coverage and this prevents the possibility of getting products on the ground. Either that or get 4 small low cut pieces of wood and drive the car onto them to raise the tyres slightly off the ground.

Hope this helps
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

kevmond wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:58 am FYI: https://www.polishedpigs.co.uk/
They have good reviews, the £50 bundle looks a very good offer!
I’ve heard some good things about them but haven’t (yet) tried myself.
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Vendee, which leather protector do you prefer and is it really necessary. I thought a damp cloth was the recommended method. My Vignale has full leather seats.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Curryhouse

Post by Curryhouse »

Vendee wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:55 pm I've actually got my registration number now. When I ordered back in June, I asked the dealer if I could chose from a batch of numbers assigned to the dealership. He said it wouldn't be a problem so today he sent me about 60 numbers to choose from. There was nothing there that particularly wow there but I chose a reg which was a bit easier to remember. It also meant I could avoid something embarrassing ending in NOB or like the young girl next door to me.... OAP :mrgreen:

Dealer says the system is now showing delivery by w/e 29th Jan (with the usual disclaimers) so it could be here any day soon. I've been busy buying snow foam, shampoo, wheel cleaner, leather protector etc.
At last. The wait will be worth it.

Don't forget the fall-out remover. Read on the Autoglym forum that Magna is recommended on new cars - to remove the iron from rail tracks etc. Not something I have used before so gave it a try for the first time today (also first wash of the car). Good grief! Looked as if there was blood everywhere. Took a video but wont download. Didn't get as far as clay bar. Perhaps I should have.
Vendee

Post by Vendee »

Rizmo wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:08 pm Vendee, which leather protector do you prefer and is it really necessary. I thought a damp cloth was the recommended method. My Vignale has full leather seats.
Yeah damp cloth is fine for cleaning but I've bought some leather protector just to give some protection particularly from your bum skipping over it when you get in and out. I've bought this:- https://www.cleanandshiny.co.uk/collect ... q-l1-100ml I've not used it before but I contacted the manufacturer to make sure it was ok for use on "Sensico" like our cars have.... which isn't actually leather. The bumf says "GTECHNIQ L1 Leather Guard offers the best of its type protection against friction and staining. The friction protection is particularly important on seat bolsters, seat piping and any other high wear areas. The anti stain function is particularly worthwhile on light coloured leathers that are typically stained by dark coloured fabrics such as indigo jeans."
Puma ST Line Vignale 125, DAP Magnetic
Vendee

Post by Vendee »

Curryhouse wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:19 pm
Vendee wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:55 pm I've actually got my registration number now. When I ordered back in June, I asked the dealer if I could chose from a batch of numbers assigned to the dealership. He said it wouldn't be a problem so today he sent me about 60 numbers to choose from. There was nothing there that particularly wow there but I chose a reg which was a bit easier to remember. It also meant I could avoid something embarrassing ending in NOB or like the young girl next door to me.... OAP :mrgreen:

Dealer says the system is now showing delivery by w/e 29th Jan (with the usual disclaimers) so it could be here any day soon. I've been busy buying snow foam, shampoo, wheel cleaner, leather protector etc.

Don't forget the fall-out remover. Read on the Autoglym forum that Magna is recommended on new cars - to remove the iron from rail tracks etc. Not something I have used before so gave it a try for the first time today (also first wash of the car). Good grief! Looked as if there was blood everywhere. Took a video but wont download. Didn't get as far as clay bar. Perhaps I should have.
I did buy some Magma about 6 weeks ago and gave it a test on my Fiesta wheels. It certainly does its job well. I wish I could also say the same for the Autoglym Polar Blast snow foam which I bought at the same time. That was completely useless. Looks thick and creamy when applied but doesn't touch the dirt. Just bought some Bilt Hamber Touchless snow foam which I'll test on the filthy Fiesta at the weekend. The Bilt Hamber snow foams are highly rated.
Puma ST Line Vignale 125, DAP Magnetic
DesertIslandBlue

Post by DesertIslandBlue »

Vendee wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:55 pm
Curryhouse wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:19 pm

I did buy some Magma about 6 weeks ago and gave it a test on my Fiesta wheels. It certainly does its job well. I wish I could also say the same for the Autoglym Polar Blast snow foam which I bought at the same time. That was completely useless. Looks thick and creamy when applied but doesn't touch the dirt. Just bought some Bilt Hamber Touchless snow foam which I'll test on the filthy Fiesta at the weekend. The Bilt Hamber snow foams are highly rated.
Probably should be in the car cleaning and valeting discussion thread but plus one for Bilt Hamber snow foam (all BH products I've used are great). Also tried GTechniq W4 snow foam which I thought was good, this is thicker than most and I got more washes per litre...
ST Line X mHEV 125 Desert Island Blue DAP+CP+HFPT